Community discussions

MikroTik App

dpilibosian
just joined
Topic Author

Agent Behavior

Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:24 pm

Just a couple of requests I'd like to make for agents. First and foremost I would like to be able to set a default agent per map. For instance when I add a new device on a map I would like that device to use the default agent from that map to do its service discovery, all devices created on the map would also automatically have the default agent as their selected agent.

Another oddity I have noticed with the agent is some tools such as ping don't default to the selected agent for the device. It appears that the SNMPWalk tool does but not ping.

smileymattj

Re: Agent Behavior

Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:33 am

I also see that some tools will use the device's agent as a proxy and some not.

For example terminal executes directly to the device. Where if I create a custom winbox tool. It doesn't proxy the request through the dude agent. Which means I would need direct access to the device in order to execute the tool properly. In the previous version of dude I was running. 6.36, it would proxy the tools through the agent. But since the upgrade to 6.38.7, the agents menu was removed and it seems that all routeros devices are able as an agent and the issue of not routing the tools through the agent began.