Community discussions

MikroTik App

mangot
just joined
Topic Author

Data SOurce reference

Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:07 am

Hi everybody,

Is there any way to use in a data source specification (function type) a reference to another existing data source ?

Thanks for the help

omega-00
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Data SOurce reference

Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:32 am

I would also like to know if this is possible.. and to know if there is any documentation available on the dude 'data source' code.
I've created ros functions using
ros_command("<ros command goes here>") 
but would like to know how to do things like add values from multiple functions together.
for example, the number of pppoe users logged in across 3 seperate devices, combined into one "total online users" value.

desheikh
just joined

Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:57 am

if there is any documentation available on the dude ?

Are you worried about a+ practice exam dumps network+ certification exam security plus jobs preparation? We offer up-to-dated practice questions and www.holycross.edu dumps with Sterling College exam pass guarantee of mcts training.
Last edited by desheikh on Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

lebowski
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:37 pm

When you examine the function "oid" you can specify the IP address as the 4th item from there you can add the three together and you can just place that on a device label to have a total displayed at all times. I think it would work as a probe as well if you want to graph it. I think you need to quote the ip address.

Total PPOE Users: [OID("1.3.6...",,,"192.168.2.2") + OID("1.3.6...",,,"192.168.2.3") + OID("1.3.6...",,,"192.168.2.4")]

This should display the sum of the 3 results if you put it in the appearance of a device.
Total PPOE Users: 14

Note the dude will only process labels for devices and not for links or static objects.

HTH
Lebowski