Community discussions

MikroTik App

noetus
just joined
Topic Author

Bug in 4beta2 with SNMP to Windows 7?

Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:31 pm

I have recently installed v4b2. Apart from some issues installing and configuring, the main issue I have encountered is that I can no longer connect with SNMP to my Windows 7 box.

Here's the thing.

It shows 'down' although I can connect with SNMP from another network monitoring system (PRTG). The only agents are 'default' and 'server' - I have not set up any agents. However when I do an SMNPwalk I have a different two choices for agent - 'default' and 'local'. Trying 'default' gets me a timeout. But trying 'local' does a successful walk. But 'local' isn't one of my choices from the 'general settings' tab, of course. (I don't even know why it's there as an option when doing an SMNPwalk.)

This seems like a bug to me. The SNMP monitoring is working ok on the Win 2003 server boxes and the Ubuntu box, so I suspect that it's a bug related to Windows 7, maybe?

noetus
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Bug in 4beta2 with SNMP to Windows 7?

Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:52 pm

I resolved the issue by rebooting the server. Odd.

With v4b2 I do seem to get SNMP misreadings in a way I don't remember with v3.6. Sometimes Dude will show some services down (e.g. cpu or disk or mem) that I know aren't down (and can confirm aren't down with a different network monitor). This is happening with a Mac OS 10.6 machine as well that I configured for SNMP (that I had no problems with in version 3.6).