MikroTik App

celestius
just joined
Topic Author

Ubiquiti SNMP links between devices always red *SOLVED*

Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:18 am

Hi :D

So Here's the problem...

I'm using The Dude v4.0b2 and I have several Ubiquiti wireless devices (Rocket M5, NanoBridge M5, NanoStation M5) that are being monitored utilizing SNMP. The dude (same version) used to have black links and change them to red as the load got heavier on the link but now they're just solid red. I am not 100% positive about this but there is a good chance that the problem arose from upgrading the firmware on the devices to v5.2.1. I checked out the changelog for the firmware which states the following as one of the fixes:

- Fix: SNMP: Report correct IF-MIB interface speed OID values

The issue was not occurring on the earlier releases of the firmware (v5.2 & v5.1.2 that I'm sure of).

Here's what I'd like to know ...

Is this actually a problem with the Ubiquiti devices or the way The Dude monitors link traffic?
If there is an issue with the firmware, can anyone tell me any specifics on what makes the link change the color (OID values, etc.) so that I can ask in the Ubiquity forum about it/submit a bug report?

Thanks!

I have attached images of the link, the link properties, and the link type properties:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by celestius on Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bstedh

Re: Ubiquiti SNMP links between devices always red

Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:29 am

I would try checking the speed check box and setting the speed to the actual speed of the link. i.e. 200M link = 200000000 I had to do this for several of my licensed microwave backhaul links. The only issue i run into is that with adaptive modulation you do not see this reflected during bad weather or such when the link is degraded and you pipe is less than it's rated for.

celestius
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:42 am

Thanks for the suggestion. That does work as a workaround for the moment so I'm not seeing all red links. Still curious as to the specifics of how the link rate is probed without manually setting it if anyone else has any insight that would be appreciated.

gsandul
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:12 am

If you do not set your link speed manualy
11.png
Liks speed is taked by The Dude from SNMP ifSpeed
10.png
Setting ifSpeed is specific for OS, for example to set speed on Cisco switch on interface Fe0/2 to 2Mbit you should use commands
12.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

celestius
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:57 pm

Ah-Hah!

That's exactly the info I was looking for! I went ahead and did an SNMP walk on one of my bridges and sure enough the link speed is reporting as 0. I'll post this info over on the UBNT forums and see what they have to say. Thanks for your help!

The only one that seems to be reporting properly is the ethernet port which is interface 3 according to the walk.
missing speed oid.png

celestius
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Ubiquiti SNMP links between devices always red *SOLVED*

Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:39 am

Downgraded to firmware 5.2 on the device and the interfaces now show a nonzero, albeit incorrect value for all the interfaces.
5.2 firware snmp walk.png

The Ubiquiti forum thread I opened up can be found here:

http://www.ubnt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25452

edusulinternet
just joined

Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:29 pm

Good morning friends.
I'm using The Dude 4.0 beta and I can not collect the number of customers connected to the rocket M5 ubiquiti. Can anybody help me ?

gabrielpike
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:06 pm

Add this to the appearance label:

SMs [oid("1.3.6.1.4.1.41112.1.4.5.1.15.1")]

This should show you registered connections.