Community discussions

MikroTik App

Guille
just joined
Topic Author

Invalid file. Can't upload any file to dude.

Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:09 pm

Hello, I'm using RouterOS on an Intel P4 with 1 GB ram and 40GB hdd, and Routeros v4.15.
I installed dude package v4.0beta2.
The problem here is that the dude is completely empty, no files, no mibs, no logs, nothing! I know if i don't add devices or discover something it will keep empty, but this dude doesn't have even the preloaded stuff, mib files, images, anything.
And the major problem is when i try to upload the files, after transfers reaches 100% it says status: failed, error: invalid file.
Reading here at the forum i tried everything, use ftp, reset dude configuration, uninstall and reinstall routeros package. tried v4beta and v3.6, and it always says the same: "invalid file".
I think even logs arent saved, only kept in ram.
I tried uninstall dude package, and install again the same or another version, and it seems to keep some strange setting. I though installing again would install the icons, files, fonts, mibs and all stuff (it should), but it always keeps empty and not allowing to upload any file.

Have anyone some idea?
Is there a way to really really reset, or install a completely new dude on that machine?
Thanks.

pelish
just joined

Re: Invalid file. Can't upload any file to dude.

Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:54 pm

Hello!
I have currently the same problem with Dude instaled as RouterOS package. My current version is Mikrotik 3.25(x86) and Dude 4.0beta2. Any file which I try to upload through Dude File uploaded ends with "invalid file".

Any suggestion welcome!

Pelish

Guille
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:52 am

Hello again.
The problem is solved. It seems dude usage (maybe bad usage, adding or removing things) left some junk/garbage in the hard disk.
I had a similar issue with routeros cache.
What I did is format hdd and reinstall Routeros from a CD. It's important to format the drive only with the Routeros CD, because if you do it with any other tool it will change the volume label and you loose your routeros license.
These are my steps.
Download routeros 4.16 iso, burn to a cd.
Make backup of current routeros configuration, download the .backup file to some PC.
Boot Mikrotik machine with the routeros cd, install without keeping any configuration.
Reboot.
Upload the backup and restore.
Upload dude package and reboot.
Done.
Now the dude works fine, no issues yet. :)
This is possible due we have a X86 machine. Don't know what to do when having a routerboard, how can you format the flash?
Anyeway, it's solved. Hope it would be useful for you.

totalnett

Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:39 pm

Have the same issue on a CCR1009-8G-1S-1S+.
When i go to the "Files" tab i try to upload any file to The Dude, but i get Invalid file on any file.

Any idea what is causing this ?

Running V6.34.3

totalnett

Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:22 pm

Reinstalled the CCR with netinstall to the latest RC of RouterOS and Dude before enabling The dude package.. Works now :D

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:53 am

Reinstalled the CCR with netinstall to the latest RC of RouterOS and Dude before enabling The dude package.. Works now :D
We have exactly the same issue on that same device but running 6.34.2..
I am a bit afraid in uploading the latest 6.35rc?? version. Which one do you run?
So you upload the packages including the dude into that new version and restart CCR? After that you upgrade your client and than you upload the mib file from MT server into the Mibs section?
After that it works.

Our mib Tree section shows only 3 small rules...

totalnett

Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:58 pm

We have exactly the same issue on that same device but running 6.34.2..
I am a bit afraid in uploading the latest 6.35rc?? version. Which one do you run?
So you upload the packages including the dude into that new version and restart CCR? After that you upgrade your client and than you upload the mib file from MT server into the Mibs section?
After that it works.

Our mib Tree section shows only 3 small rules...
Hi,

Uploading 6.35rc wil not work alone.. You ned to format the device and start from scratch.

We started with a clean install with netinstall of version "6.34.3 (Current)". Then uploaded the latest RC "v6.35rc26".
Then uploaded the dude package and enabled it. The Mib tree and file upload worked then.
I don't think you need to use the latest RC, but i do belive you need to format the device and install the software form scratch.

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:30 pm

Ok, some experiences to share...

First I tried to save my running dude setup (map, devices etc).
With ftp I could log into the CCR and found some Dude related files on the nand, but all small. And I found some much bigger files in the \disk1 (A usb stick installed by my assitent).
Anyway, I transfered everything from both the CCR hd as the usb stick to my PC with ftp program
Initially I was tempted to run a format on that "disk1" until I found out it was actually the usb stick!!! Better not!
So, to format the nand, only two options exist: By console or by netinstall...
Since console needs a laptop with serial connection (who has that nowadays???) I went for the netinstall.
Entered, selected the full ros package and uploaded and reboot.
After that put IP on one of the ports, connected to our network again and by normal winbox transfer uploaded the same version (6.35rc.31) of Dude.
Reboot and tried to log into the dude with the client. No luck.... until I found I had to start the dude in cli first.......

Logged in again, now with success, and found the Dude running, but without any of my data. Virgin state.
Checked the if the mib file is around, it is. (It all started because this file was gone on the previous install..)
So, obvious my data is in the db file I copier previously to my PC. Copied back with an error as result. Well, the db file was bigger than the memory available of my CCR!
Hence it had to go to the usb stick, wher in fact I found the original was still around. (Obvious! :shock: )
So, how to get Dude work with that data? Well, in terminal of the CCR I can point to where Dude has to store its data.
So that worked. Had to do a reboot and then Dude loaded again, this time with my map, devices etc.

So am I happy now? Not really!

Problem of slow grahs and at times 'hanging' of the Dude is still there...
And a graph we run on the data throughput on our main link still shows regurlar data peaks. We have a 300Mb symettric connection but the graphs shows roughtly every 70 minutes a traffic burst up to 500, 600mbps, even saw one Gigabit burst!

Cant be real! At teh same time a 'real time' graph of the interface of the CCR doesn't shown any abnormality....

totalnett

Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:14 pm

Ok, some experiences to share...

First I tried to save my running dude setup (map, devices etc).
With ftp I could log into the CCR and found some Dude related files on the nand, but all small. And I found some much bigger files in the \disk1 (A usb stick installed by my assitent).
Anyway, I transfered everything from both the CCR hd as the usb stick to my PC with ftp program
Initially I was tempted to run a format on that "disk1" until I found out it was actually the usb stick!!! Better not!
So, to format the nand, only two options exist: By console or by netinstall...
Since console needs a laptop with serial connection (who has that nowadays???) I went for the netinstall.
Entered, selected the full ros package and uploaded and reboot.
After that put IP on one of the ports, connected to our network again and by normal winbox transfer uploaded the same version (6.35rc.31) of Dude.
Reboot and tried to log into the dude with the client. No luck.... until I found I had to start the dude in cli first.......

Logged in again, now with success, and found the Dude running, but without any of my data. Virgin state.
Checked the if the mib file is around, it is. (It all started because this file was gone on the previous install..)
So, obvious my data is in the db file I copier previously to my PC. Copied back with an error as result. Well, the db file was bigger than the memory available of my CCR!
Hence it had to go to the usb stick, wher in fact I found the original was still around. (Obvious! :shock: )
So, how to get Dude work with that data? Well, in terminal of the CCR I can point to where Dude has to store its data.
So that worked. Had to do a reboot and then Dude loaded again, this time with my map, devices etc.

So am I happy now? Not really!

Problem of slow grahs and at times 'hanging' of the Dude is still there...
And a graph we run on the data throughput on our main link still shows regurlar data peaks. We have a 300Mb symettric connection but the graphs shows roughtly every 70 minutes a traffic burst up to 500, 600mbps, even saw one Gigabit burst!

Cant be real! At teh same time a 'real time' graph of the interface of the CCR doesn't shown any abnormality....
Good to hear you got the dude working. I would search the forum or make a new topic on the other problems with graphs.