Community discussions

MikroTik App

pelish
just joined
Topic Author

The Dude 4 beta 3 disconnects from SNMP on Mikrotik 5.x

Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:58 am

Hello,
I have an curious problem with The Dude 4 beta 3 and Mikrotik 5.x (currently 5.4 and 5.5) and APC UPS. After about 7 days The Dude lost connection to SNMP of those devices. When I try to use SNMP Walk it ends by Time-Out. When I select that I want to walk from "local" it works normally.

I am running The Dude as mikrotik package on server with verison 3.30

When I reboot dude hosting server it starts works normally for next 7 days and than it will fail again.

Any Idea how to resolve this?

Thank you!

EDIT: It seems to fail after 10 days (if it helps).

kapulan
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: The Dude 4 beta 3 disconnects from SNMP on Mikrotik 5.x

Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:53 pm

This problem have my monitoring system. I use hp proliant server with server2003. This problem there is only v5 (xx version) the snmp stop to work, other version 4 mt devices working fine. Come aprox. 7 days the dude working normal v5 devices. I don't know what make this error. :?
The dude server monitoring aprox. 350 devices and the version beta3.

dasiu
Trainer
Trainer

Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:18 am

I will just add - we have similar problem with Dude 4.0beta3 nad PC devices (non-MikroTik) monitored by SNMP. After few weeks of being OK the Dude doesn't see SNMP answers. Rebooting Dude server (running on Mikrotik x86 machine) helps - for the next few weeks ;-).

lebowski
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:53 pm

I had a different APC UPS problem, a 3 of mine stopped responding but they would also not display a web page. Two of them came back by them selves after a few days. I reduced polling to 2 minutes on all APC devices and completely shut down the one UPS that didn't come back, that fixed it. I have not seen the problem since and it was certainly APC that could not handle the 30 second intervals.

Just FYI the Avtech r26w temperature probe will also crash if polled heavily. Another device that seems to stop responding is PowerXpert remote power panels.

So although in the above posts SNMP is not working from the Dude there are circumstances where the Dude is working and the devices are not. Please let us know if/when you figure out what the issue is.

kellogs
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sun May 11, 2014 7:11 pm

I am having the same issue.

Did you manage to resolve this?

Thanks!
Hello,
I have an curious problem with The Dude 4 beta 3 and Mikrotik 5.x (currently 5.4 and 5.5) and APC UPS. After about 7 days The Dude lost connection to SNMP of those devices. When I try to use SNMP Walk it ends by Time-Out. When I select that I want to walk from "local" it works normally.

I am running The Dude as mikrotik package on server with verison 3.30

When I reboot dude hosting server it starts works normally for next 7 days and than it will fail again.

Any Idea how to resolve this?

Thank you!

EDIT: It seems to fail after 10 days (if it helps).