Community discussions

MikroTik App

dbaker
just joined
Topic Author

PPC & the Dude

Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:24 pm

I am in real need of v4beta3 for the PPC line of Routerboards. I have several mesh network instalalations to do and I will need to run the Dude Agent on the RB1100AHx2. Part of the maintenance contract is to monitor the mesh radios. Is there a time frame for when v4beta3 will be working on the PPC?

syadnom
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: PPC & the Dude

Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:26 pm

Cheat and hook up a 750 with the dude.

Hotz1

Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:36 am

Cheat and hook up a 750 with the dude.
With my network map, even a 433AH comes up short: long stretches of 100% CPU--during which time it is doing crazy numbers of flash writes and probably missing probe replies that end up looking like outages. I ended up having to set the probe interval to 5 minutes, with a 1 minute timeout, in order for it to keep up and stop reporting false outages.

It would be nice to have some idea of when it will be working on something that is up to the task, so we can decide whether to buy (and power) an x86 for the task; downgrade to Dude 3.6 on one of our 1100s; or continue to limp along with our poor 433AH until the next update.

Ever consider opening up the source to a few people in the community who might be able to make some progress with it, while your developers are busy with other things?

avious
just joined

Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:55 pm

Even though it was not "supported" I've been running The Dude 3.6 on a RB1100AHx2 for at least a year now with hardly any problems.

The only problem I found was that one time, on only one of my devices, it went down and even though the alerts worked right and it was showing that the unit was back up the icon didn't turn green again until a router reboot.

This really wasn't a problem because the actual detection and alerts worked perfectly, it was only the icon color that didn't change back.