Community discussions

MikroTik App

luoraymond
just joined
Topic Author

Ping problem on Dude

Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:23 am

I got a strange problem with Dude software. I installed Dude 4.03 beta on my PC (windows 7 pro), after successful installation, I added some wireless devices and added ping service to test the connectivity between my PC and those devices.
when I pinged only one device, Pinging was perfect(less than 1% packet lost), however when I simultaneously pinged multiple devices (more than 3, less than 7), more than 20% packet got lost. delay time was the same as before. But I could simultaneously ping all these devices very well using window ping command on my PC( less than 1% packet lost for all devices) . which means network connection is very good, right?
I tried to modify some parameters, such as packet size, TTL ,Probe settings etc. it didn't work. and then I installed Dude 3.6 on another laptop, it got the same problem. Dude does not support multiple pinging ?
BTW, UAC on windows already disabled.
anybody can help me ?
thanks a lot.

brosky
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Ping problem on Dude

Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:19 pm

Maybe you have some ICMP rate limiting device in between ?

lebowski
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:54 pm

But I could simultaneously ping all these devices very well using window ping command on my PC
Seems like something else is going on... I started a bunch of pings from the dude and had 0 packet loss.
pinging.png
Here it shows 9 pings running. Have you tried to change the dude to run as high or real time priority?

Lebowski
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

luoraymond
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:51 am

hi, lebowski, many thanks for your reply.
could you please give me more details how to change the dude to run as high or real time priority?
BTW, the devices I pinged are all remote VSAT devices. the delay tiem of pinging is more than 600MS.
thanks.

lebowski
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:18 pm

To change the priority of a service you could use system internals process explorer and use a program that changes it at start-up if you find it helps.
http://www.askvg.com/how-to-permanently ... k-manager/

With a 600ms rtt you might just be confusing the dude ping. Maybe create your own ping probe out of ping with different timeouts?

HTH,
Lebowski

Exaile
just joined

Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:42 pm

Hello! Using 4.0beta3 and recently began to notice high latency response times to local nodes. from 100 + to 250 milliseconds. If the server and disconnect the poll - it becomes law. What settings can I tweak? Ping is set to 32 bytes with TTL 255, the number of attempts - 7, 3000 ms interval. General survey of 30 to put one minute update interval and label 10 seconds. Thank you if you will help.