Community discussions

MikroTik App

steen
Topic Author

The Dude 3.6 export/import does not work

Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:47 am

Hello Folks!

I was about to upgrade 3.6 to latest version.

But when I click on Export nothing happens exept the dude screen becomes grey and hangs like that forever and a full restart of the dude server is needed to come back on line again.

Is it really nessesary to sit and draw all maps manually once more, we have hundreds of devices and links.

How do I do this ?

steen
Topic Author

Re: The Dude 3.6 export/import does not work

Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:47 pm

Hello Folks!

I was about to upgrade 3.6 to latest version.

But when I click on Export nothing happens exept the dude screen becomes grey and hangs like that forever and a full restart of the dude server is needed to come back on line again.

Is it really nessesary to sit and draw all maps manually once more, we have hundreds of devices and links.

How do I do this ?
I quote myself, there was no problem :-) The export just took 2 hours due to the huge network with hundreds of devies and servers plus various logfiles and ros versions. The exported file become around 20GB in total. Hope now also it is possible to build up a new version 4 the dude and import the "set of data" again.

lebowski
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: The Dude 3.6 export/import does not work

Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:17 pm

In 4.3 the files are put into a database and if the database gets larger than about 2gb the dude starts doing odd things.