Community discussions

MikroTik App

Rustbeltdan
Topic Author

Simple Dude setup help

Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:40 pm

I've been messing with The Dude and could use a little help. This is a local network with all static IP's. PC is the dude server, PC LAN and PC WAN are the same device. As you can see once logged on to the AP Bridge, devices on the network can be found, such as the Ipad. All devices are 192.168.1.xxx. AP Bridge, AP Station, Switches are 192.168.3.xxx. Problem is The Dude can't see my AP's. I'm running a scan of 1.xxx and 3.xxx. Also tried to add them manually.

I'd like to monitor CPU, TX, RX on AP's. TX, RX for devices. AP's are metal 2.4ghz and have router OS package for x86 (rb200, PC) installed. I'd like for these to be Dude agents. Once the AP's can be found I believe putting the tx/rx OID on the device lable will show the transfer rates. Hopefully I explained this clearly. Any help is appreciated.

Rustbeltdan
Topic Author

Re: Simple Dude setup help

Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:10 pm

Agent setup

address is the same as AP bridge Metal 192.168.3.20
port: 2210
username: admin
password: same as winbox metal login

Enabled and sucure mode are checked.

In winbox

IP--->Services--->IP Service List

there is no port 2210 available and it does not appear that one can be added. Should I change an existing unused port?

Rustbeltdan
Topic Author

Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:42 am

So I changed the subnet mask to /16 and the 1.xxx and 3.xxx are talking. What port do is used to probe the cpu?

Rustbeltdan
Topic Author

Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:57 am

Still no luck with the CPU probing. On the Dude server it won't show tx/rx between AP's. It will show tx/rx when viewing the Dude installed on my AP. Progress but slow.

Rustbeltdan
Topic Author

Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:57 pm

Messing with this some more no snmp interfaces are available. Clicked on APbridge device---scroll to snmp.

RouterOS shows my bridge1, ether1-local, wlan-gateway. MTU 1500 tx, rx, tx packet, rx packet are all working as they should.

I can also log into winbox via the dude.

Does snmp need to me enabled in winbox? Winbox---system---ports---remote access? This is my first time working with the dude and assume something simple is missing.

Rustbeltdan
Topic Author

Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:18 pm

SNMP is now turned on via winbox. IP---->SNMP. Not sure what other settings are needed. Right now public/default is being used. Still no TX/RX or CPU readings.

Rustbeltdan
Topic Author

Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:36 am

Are OID's only for snmp information? I'd like to put the tx rx on ap device label. I read this post...

http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php ... ilit=tx+rx

not sure what the interface number or "x" should be.

I'd also like to add the signal strength on AP label. It's available in the registration table. Is there an easy way to add this?

Still working on getting the snmp setup. IP of AP, Station and dude server have been added in the public snmp community. I've done a bunch of research with no luck.