Community discussions

MikroTik App

unproventheorem
just joined
Topic Author

Send notification via email

Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:57 pm

Hello!

I am new to "The Dude" and I am trying to set up notifications to be sent to my email when something loses connection. The wiki has no explanation as to how to set this up, only that the "server" field has to be populated with something. This is where my confusion lies, as it will only accept numbers, and there is no place to enter typical settings for this (i.e. POP3/IMAP/inbound or outbound server/credentials/etc) Various searches on your forums have been unfruitful as well, as most are far too technically advanced for me.

I was attracted to this program because of how many suggestions I had seen from other websites, and because it is cheap. But is this program only designed to work with your hardware?

I have tried testing the notification feature when it was pointed to my email address but to no avail. What should be entered into this server field? I even tried entering the gateway (192.168.1.1) for lols but it just said "timeout". What should I change this to?

For reference I am trying to get this to send to a hotmail account. I am also using version 3.6 of The Dude.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

unproventheorem
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Send notification via email

Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:48 pm

Does anyone know how to set up email notifications for this??

eschuch
just joined

Re: Send notification via email

Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:32 pm

The Dude is a kind of abandonware. Mikrotik doesen't give any update since May 2011. Anyway if you really want to use The Dude you must use a external server to serve as an SMTP gateway. I used a ubuntu server, and following http://blog.gaudencio.net.br/2012/11/li ... gmail.html I was able to rellay local tcp 25 to gmail.
Note that my The Dude is installed on local Ubuntu server and smtp configured on The Dude is 127.0.0.1.

I know that is a old post, but like me that need to use the dude to manager all RB, someone maybe need this instructions also.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.