Community discussions

MikroTik App

schat
Topic Author

Open dude map via remote software

Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:56 am

Is there a way to open/monitor a customers dude status via a remote program.
We are building our own billing/ticket system and would like to integrate quick monitoring and status of a customers dude information.
Also adding and deleting a dude icon remotely would be awesome.
Thank you,
Aaron

rickfrey
Trainer
Trainer

Re: Open dude map via remote software

Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:57 pm

If you are using the Dude 3.6, go take a look at the root folder. The database is very easy to interact with and script. If you are using the newer Dude, it would require a little more creativity.

hwmonkey
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:04 am

If you are using the newer Dude, it would require a little more creativity.
I will bite. What type of creativity must be used to work with the database in 4b3?

rickfrey
Trainer
Trainer

Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:21 am

I will bite. What type of creativity must be used to work with the database in 4b3?
lol :lol: That was my way of saying I not really sure how to do it on the newer version :shock:

hwmonkey
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:05 am

Thanks. I was trying to make sense of the database. I have exported, imported, and created ODBC connections. It seems to be the worst structure I have seen. There are not keys that tie the historical data to the device that I see. Frankly, I do not see how the structure is helpful to anyone except the original developer. I think I now understand why graphs take so much processing power.

If I am mistaken, someone please correct me. I would LOVE to learn how to get my data out of The Dude more easily.

lebowski
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:21 pm

There are a few posts that will give some insight into how the 4.0 b3 database is setup. Just search for sqlite. There was a post that said the data was compressed but I am not sure. If you look at the xml in 3.6 I think they just took that structure and stuck it directly in the database. I don't know fore sure since I have never tried to take it apart. Back when it was just XML it was much easier to read/manipulate although a decent tool to manipulate the data for the database has not been created as far as I know. It would be great if someone with database skills created a tool that could export and import pieces.

Anyhow I wont be working on anything besides the occasional support post.

Lebowski