Community discussions

MikroTik App

supporto
just joined
Topic Author

Alert mail from old server name

Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:56 pm

Hi all,

I've recently had to change the server hosting The Dude service. To avoid to lose the Dude configuration I've reinstalled the Dude on the new server and I've copied the dude.db file in C:\...\Dude\data\
I don't know if this is the correct procedure to restore the configuration but I've tried it and it worked fine...except for this: now, for every event, I receive two email: one from network.monitor@oldservername and one from network.monitor@newservername (I've already set the wanted value in the "From" field in Settings -> General)
What I would like to have is just one email from network.monitor@newservername.
Is there any configuration i missed to set?

Thank you for you reply.
Stefano

lebowski
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Alert mail from old server name

Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:22 pm

Stupid question but is the old server still running? Your email issue is likely just configuration.

I would have installed dude on the new server then copied the entire dude folder from old server C:\Program Files\Dude to new server C:\Program Files\Dude.

The dude.db is most of the stuff but if you added images or mibs they might not be there...

Lebowski

supporto
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:02 pm

Hi dude ;-) thankyou for reply.

The old server is dead and gone, so no need to worry about that :-D

I understand your concern about bringing images and other stuff from old configuration, but it was a quite simple configuration without addon.
I can accept that if I don't bring some old files in the new configuration can miss something but how can be possible that brings additional infos like the old servername?

Am I wrong saying that all you have to configure to get this issue solved is the "From" field in Settings -> General ?
Is there something I'm missing?

Thankyou,
Stefano

lebowski
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:38 pm

I only know of the From line in settings general.

I don't know why you are getting 2 emails maybe just change the From line again? Double check that only "Notification" is enabled in polling?

Good luck...
Lebowski