Community discussions

MikroTik App

itdpt
just joined
Topic Author

Network clouds ( a lot of )

Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:07 pm

Hello To all :) first post here,

I've discoverd the dude this morning, and actually i'm trying to get a network map for my environment, everything works fine but i looking for something which i can't figure out.

I have a bunch of networks here like 192.168.1.x 192.168.3.x 192.168.4.x and so on, when we do the discover all devices are shown but i have a bunch of network segments created ( more than 100 ), on most of them i have one or two devices, then there is a second network segment with other devices, and so on, the fact is that what i like to achieve is to have just one segment for every net, with all the machnes connected to it. is this someway achieveable without doing it by hand ?

Like this :

Thank You !!

Ps: i made a mistake and posted it in the RouterOS subforum can please some moderator move it to the right subforum ? ( sorry )

lebowski
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Network clouds ( a lot of )

Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:49 pm

Since you are already on the auto discovery path you will find it is useful to discover stuff but has some issues which I think you will find are not worth dealing with. So my suggestion to you is to just disable auto discover and fix everything that is wrong by hand.

The main issue with auto discover that I think you will have trouble with is it will keep adding networks even though they were already discovered... like 2 clouds for 192.168.1.x.

I am certain you can hybrid it so you auto discover a segment for a map then shut off discovery and manually clean it up.

HTH,
Lebowski