Community discussions

MikroTik App

ludolugo
just joined
Topic Author

unexpected behavior in Charts

Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:09 pm

hi im monitoring a LAG of a switch netgear and created a chart, the thing is that the chart shows some values that a think are imposible, and looks like a electrocardiogram :lol: .

this switch capture some multicast traffic from a IPTV server, but , correct me if i´m worng, this charts only shows unicast traffic.

thanks

lebowski
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: unexpected behavior in Charts

Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:49 pm

The default collection time for the dude is 30 seconds and the first 48 hours of data is stored as raw values. Then the dude averages out the data to 10 minute intervals and saves that data for many days, these values are configured in the chart options. Do not change the raw keep time. If the dude database gets bigger than 2gb it will fail.

Lebowski

ludolugo
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:38 pm

oooh man sorry for the delay i missed the notification mail.

OK, but why the charts stayes stable at 600 mb for some time and then at the same time everyday it goes up and down like a sound wave?

It happens everyday arround 8:00am, i'm pretty sure it is because a bad configuration of the network, and that´s what we are trying to find out.

Thanks

lebowski
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:15 pm

Backups or some other script doing a file copy of some sort?

ludolugo
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:33 pm

Backups or some other script doing a file copy of some sort?
no nothing, the only extra configuration was for the dude to send a message when those link agregate interfaces exceed or reduce traffic.

lebowski
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:52 pm

Maybe just capture traffic with wireshark and then analyze what is creating the traffic. If it is the same time everyday that will be easy to capture.