Community discussions

MikroTik App

klibby
just joined
Topic Author

Discovery & Duplicate IPs

Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:30 pm

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to setup The Dude simply to keep track of status & ROS versions across all the Routerboards and other systems running ROS we have across the country, and I'm running into a couple problems with discovery that I could get around by adding devices manually, but I'm hoping there's a fix for discovery here...

First, on our routerboards we have an internal address of 10.0.0.1/32 configured for some internal scripting purposes. This address exists on all our routerboards. When I try to discover a network with multiple routerboards, only the first one is discovered. through some troubleshooting, I've found that after polling IPs from the systems via SNMP The Dude sees the address already exists on the first system so it assumes it is the same system. Is there a way I can get The Dude to ignore this and add it anyway?

Second, is there a way to set the credentials The Dude attempts to use with ssh & winbox on discovered devices? It seems to use "admin" as the username and a blank password. This would mean I would need to go to each one of the discovered routerboards and manually update credentials.