Community discussions

MikroTik App

Scott
just joined
Topic Author

New Dude install losing install_dir after reboot

Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:04 am

Greetings,

I've installed dude on a new server and copied over the database from the old server. Everything works fine until the server reboots. After a reboot the Dude comes up with no network map and the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Dude\Install_Dir is gone.

Once I put the Install_Dir key back and restart Dude, everything is fine again until the next time the server reboots.

Does anyone know why or what is happening with this registry key disappearing? It was previously working fine, also on a 64bit OS.

Thanks
Scott.

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: New Dude install losing install_dir after reboot

Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:13 am

I did dude 4b3 relocation to new win7 64b just by plain install, setting as service and importing the export from previous location. Everything works and reboot doesn't have any negative impact.

Scott
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:10 am

That's how I did it, and I've done it that way before as well. That's why I'm confused about it this time because the something is behaving differently this time for some reason.

Scott
just joined
Topic Author

Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:21 pm

bump - Anyone else have any suggestions? This is still happening after every reboot.

lebowski
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:11 am

Change the owner of the registry entry to administrator?

Scott
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:41 am

Change the owner of the registry entry to administrator?
with the intention of blocking rights to whatever process is deleting it? I had considered that but was trying to avoid hacks when they haven't been required in the past.

I guess though that if there is no other explanation for why it is happening then hacks may be the only option.