Community discussions

MikroTik App

blingblouw
Topic Author

Email Notification not working

Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:45 pm

Hi.

I have the dude setup and monitoring a few routerboards.

I have setup email notification (for all states to test), when I hit the test button, I get the email, however when the devices state changes I don't?

Anyone have any ideas?

EDIT:

for anyone have the same problem, go to Network Maps>Local>Settings and click "Use Notifications"....

lebowski
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Email Notification not working

Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:03 pm

For default email notification.
On General tab, enable checked, type email
Server is configured on the global general tab to IP address.
To: only contains a single email address.

Subject and body are;
[Device.Name] [Probe.Name] [Service.ProblemDescription]

Schedule has all hours;

In advanced
Only have "down -> up" and "unstable -> down" states enabled.

The dude is using top down permissions but in this case the order is device then map then global. So if you configure global notification in the settings on the top left settings button you do not need to configure the middle settings button for the map to send notifications (it will use global) or device. If you configure notification on a device that device will send its own specific notification. So start with the device and uncheck use notification then go to the map and uncheck use notification and then go to the global and check use notification. This way every device uses global notification and then when you have a device that you want a special notification for go set it individually and make sure use notification and one of the notifications in the list is checked.