Community discussions

MikroTik App

Agner
just joined
Topic Author

The dude not extract data SNMP or RouterOS

Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:38 am

I am having the following problem: I use The Dude as a tool for network monitoring with multiple assets monitored from mikrotik, ubiquiti versions of linux in perfect condition by monitoring CPU usage, disk, memory and etc. So far so good, what occurs to me is that on some devices the Mikrotik Dude just can not get the data via SNMP or RouterOS already altered version of RouterOS, SNMP deactivated, activated it, I created other agents (other than public), other communitys and any way that I can extract the information, running a snmp walk the Dude can not in any way seek the OIDS for information. Has anyone ever experienced this? Any hint is welcome. Sorry my english.
Thank you.

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: The dude not extract data SNMP or RouterOS

Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:37 pm

I have sporadic problems to get the data constantly from mikrotik devices. It makes holes or slopes in graphs even the devices are not under load and connected. Also it marks devices as in problems but without real reason. Using snmp v3, dude 4b3 on Windows without any agents.

Agner
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:43 pm

Lebowski help-me please.

lebowski
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:38 pm

To verify that communications, install and run Wireshark on your dude server, put the filter on capture options "host x.x.x.x" (a broken host) then use snmpwalk to see if the packet ever comes out of the dude (which it will) what does the response look like? You should see a three way handshake "syn, syn+ack, ack", then some communications. If you see "syn, fin" over and over SNMP is not working on the target device. If you never see anything there is something blocking traffic from your dude server to the destination IP address (which is unlikely).

A wild guess is you have "name to address checked" but the DNS is wrong and doesn't match the actual ip address. So when you click OK the address changes to the one saved in DNS.

Has it ever worked on the broken devices?

Lebowski

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:17 am

My problems were solved by downgrade the devices to 6.18. What version are you running, Agner?

lebowski
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:33 pm

Hate to admit it, I have no MikroTik devices but I use the dude and run it on windows.

Agner
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:25 pm

I did the downgrade to version 6:18 and the problem persisted yard. Funny that use versions 6.18 6:19, 6:20, 6.6, and I have no problem, this problem occurs only on some assets. Thanks.

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:41 pm

Well, then check memory and cpu utilisation on the devices that do not reliably respond to snmp. Check the logs. Do you see "blacklisting program" errors? Try to netinstall 6.18 and set from scratch one of problematic devices to see if it could help. If not, send supout to support and keep us informed.

Agner
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:52 pm

May actually be some "junk" configuration or previous versions of RouterOS that remained after the update version. I will try to reset and reconfigure the device to test or exchange it. Tested the snmp through MibBrowser and it really does not answer the requests, indicating that the problem is not the Dude but on the device. I've tested with all versions of SNMP v1, 2 and 3 without success. Regarding the use of CPU and memory is enough to answer the requests of the SNMP feature. Thanks.

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:45 pm

I didn't do so much, just had the same problems.

panayot1683
just joined

Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:26 pm

I am experiencing the same problem here with multiple devices. I can't see any link between them. Sometimes SNMP works and sometimes snmpwalk just times out. I use Dude to monitor multiple devices on our network including Mikrotik devices and third party devices. And misteriously it works on some devices and on other doesn't. In the Dude interface I try snmpwalk from server and it times out. If I try it from "local" it works just fine.
I will be very glad if anyone knows how to deal with this issue.

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

The dude not extract data SNMP or RouterOS

Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:43 pm

If devices have 32mb of memory or less, the snmp is very stressful for them. In case the cpu should be doing something more it easily fall to non answering the snmp query, stay running at 100% and exhaust the memory. When free memory drops below 5-6 mb such device start to be unusable at all. Reboot is the only way to bring it back. Refers to v6.x. You should check as few services as it is absolutely necessary. It helps much.