Community discussions

MikroTik App

solelunauno
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

syslog disappear ; system hangs displaying charts ;

Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:05 pm

I begin using The Dude about 4 months ago, because of my started transition from ubnt to mikrotik.
So I use 4.0b3 Dude on x86 windows platform (because I didn't find anyway to use someting better than 3.6 into routeros machines), monitoring routeros 6.18, ubiquiti 5.5.6 and other (only ping) machines.
I noticed some really annoying bugs:
1) Syslog settings disappear randomly; After some days in some dude systems (windows 7 64 bit) my log files in "Logs" disappear and only default ones remain (Action, Debug, Event, Syslog). This is a really serious bug, because my log notifications change in "Action" and dude stops logging important things, as firewall logs! I also noticed the random disappearance of settings->syslog entries! :(
2) Charts. I theoretically like 4.0 charts features. But lot of them are useless because if you set a serious "raw value keep time" (in settings->Chart, 30 days for example), it become impossible to display one chart with 4-5 entries compared. I try to explain why: when you open the chart in dude client, it always starts in "all" zoom, and after only 4-5 days of data this is enough to freeze client dude istance! You have to quickly change zoom in 1 or 2 days, before systems stops responding :( (tested on varius client systems, included core i3 and i5, so it isn't a cpu issue).
You can say: "why do you need 30 or more days of "raw value keep time" ?".
See my picture: http://sl1systems.it/wp-content/uploads ... _chart.jpg .
Here dude has only 3 days of "raw value keep time", and 30d of "10 min value keep time"; The charts show traffic made by users on 4 public hotspots; Before 17 of November Dude make a sort of "time average" which results in an incorrect viewing! (before 17 of November you could thing users made much less internet traffic than 2 days ago, but this is a wrong measurement)
3) Imaginary Data Sources!!! I have a dude server which created imaginary builtin data sources, not removable, collecting it from other sites which are not reachables and never connected to this server! :shock:
Why? Can you help me showing this behavior? I simply see in Charts->Data Sources things that don't belong to any device in any network map, and never insereted (dude started with clean database)!
Mikrotik, give me some answer, please ...