Community discussions

MikroTik App

cendrawasih
just joined
Topic Author

dude email setup

Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:53 pm

Dear forum mikrotik,

if someone there that can provide an explanation in the form of images or screenshots stages create an email alert for the dude.
I tried many times , but have not succeeded.

regards

lebowski
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: dude email setup

Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:25 am

No, I am too tired. Ok I will.

Create a notification and test it, if it doesn't work try again.
The notification you are trying to get working is the global one on the top left corner settings button.

BUT FIRST populate the smtp server settings in the same top left settings button. Click General tab (The first tab when clicking on the settings button) Populate primary smtp with the ip address of your mail server.

CLICK ON the Polling tab, in the bottom half put a check mark next to Notification. Click the Edit List button in the middle left above the notifications window. In the new window is the edit box of the "notifications" here you can create your own. Just double click on Notification in that new popup window and put your email address as the recipient (To:). On the advanced tab make sure at least unstable->down and down-> are checked. You can create your own custom events here, specify a different mail server and many other things.

All devices will use this notification unless you change the settings on the map (middle settings button) or a device directly.

43north
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: dude email setup

Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:39 am

I thought I should update this thread as I have found a solution for email notifications DIRECTLY through The Dude without any other junk....

If you have a Gmail account then enter this SMTP server in the dude for primary SMTP.... aspmx.l.google.com (you will have to resolve it to an ip address to input into dude). Then use your gmail address for the send to address and that is it!!! Have had email notifications up and running with this for over a week!!! This particular SMTP server DOES NOT require authentication as long as it is going to a Gmail account, that is why it will work in the Dude.