Community discussions

MikroTik App

spudwars
just joined
Topic Author

The Dude Mappings

Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:07 pm

Hello,

I am new to The Dude software and really like it. I have one question, is it possible to move devices to subnets via the map? I discovered my devices on the local and created subnets of where they are located. I want to move them to the right location and figured there would be a drag and drop feature but isn't. Is there an easy way?

Any help would be appreciated and thanks for the help!

lebowski
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: The Dude Mappings

Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:47 pm

First make backups, you can copy and paste but it can be tricky... Copy and paste while using a client seems to stop working. Second when you copy something the object on your clip board is XML. So each object you copy you can paste it into notepad to see the XML. Examine the XML to familiarize your self with the underlying object. The XML is actually stored compressed in a database so it is not easy to modify it after it is pasted. Third when you click copy the graphs are cleared for that device.

You could backup your dude folder, move it to a local machine, run dude locally and do all your copy/pastes and copy the folder back over top of the server folder but keep a copy of the original backup untouched. Once you are comfortable with your new configuration wait a few days to see if it is stable and then delete irellevant backups

Note: Secondary submaps statuses are not propagated to the top map. (issue 2 maps deep don't show up on the top map)

Lebowski