Community discussions

MikroTik App

nsconsultant
just joined
Topic Author

Email notifications parameters

Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:26 am

Good morning to everyone.
I tried search the forum with no luck so I apologies if I am wrong. Somehow the email sent has no parameters, they being sent as [device.name], ecc. It happed already in the past and I remember the only solution was to recover from a Windows backup. Does anyone know what am I missing?

Thanks and Regards,
Andrea

lebowski
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Email notifications parameters

Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:31 pm

Have not heard of this issue, double check that "notification" has all the variables that you are interested in. I made mine very plain, both the subject and body of "notification" in my configuration have [Device.Name] [Probe.Name] [Service.ProblemDescription]. This gives just enough detail to know what to look at.

Additionally, try to only use the polling tab on the main settings (top left settings button) and enable notifications there. If you configure something different for a specific device or map those settings take precedence and you have to remember when you have deviated from the default. So double check the devices and maps that are not sending correct emails and make sure those notifications are correct.

Lebowski

nsconsultant
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Email notifications parameters

Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:54 am

Lebowski,

thanks for your kind reply. Now it is fine, at least the integrated notification. I guess the problem was in the "test" function. I wanted to add the SMTP auth as per my ISP rules and the email always sent with the variable names and not values.
Have a nice weekend! Andrea