Community discussions

MikroTik App

Arnoldinobe
just joined
Topic Author

monitor navision services

Thu May 07, 2015 12:13 pm

Hello,

I need to monitor Microsoft Dynamic Navision services. On my 2 servers, there are 6 process running on the server with 6 different service names but running on the same "Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Server.exe".

In snmpwalk, I can find 6 different oid with the different PID pointing on the same "Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Server.exe".
If I create a probe from snmpwalk, it works fine and send alerts when the service goes down but never come up because the PID has changed...

What I would need is to monitor the service on his real name (when I do a "net stop servicename" it goes down properly) but it seems dude doesn't get this value in his snmpwalk.

Can somebody help me in this issue because if I monitor only the service "Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Server.exe", if only one of the 6 goes down I don't get an alert as the others still runs...

Thanks in advance,

Arnaud

lebowski
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: monitor navision services

Thu May 07, 2015 5:11 pm

Use array to verify that there are always 6 of those running. You can find a post by me that shows how to monitor notepad.exe.

Using the same method but instead of just determining if notepad.exe is running just us array_size to make sure 6 Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Server.exe are listed if not 6 then error...

If you need actual code I could be bribed maybe send some bitcoins :)
HTH,
Lebowski

Arnoldinobe
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:53 am

Hi,

I did what you explain about notepad and it works but I assume only for 1 process.

Can't you just give the fonction to monitor 5 same processes ?

Thanks

Arnoldinobe
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:34 pm

Hello

I would really need to get this monitoring working.

Can't anyone help me to make this function ?

Thanks in advance,

Arnaud