Dynamic
just joined
Topic Author

More than one Link between two Elements

Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:14 pm

Hi Folks,

I'm new to that whole snmp thing.
My Question is a new bee one.

For Event Lighting we have always small Networks.
Sometimes only one Switch (e.g. SG-300) at the Mixing Desk and one at the Stage.
I can add Switches to my map an Link them with one Link and Display the snmp Data
(e.g. Link Up @ 1Gbs / TX: 0.00 / RX: 0.00) very Usefull for me !
Thats fine.

For Redundancy we use a RSTP Ring (Maybe someone killes a Fiber during the Show).
We use the Dude only to make Sure that all Links are UP. Also the "Spare" Route.
Maybe someone has killed a Fiber During the Soundcheck and our Backup is still in use on show start. Not good......

But if i try to Link my two Switches on my Map with two Links The Dude say:
"Not more than one Linke between two elements"

I can not understand why this happens ?
Because People Link to Stations very often with more than one Link.

Second one:

If i connect the two switches from the example above via a 2Port LACP Trunk i need to read out Data from 2Ports ?
Or ist there a special SNMP Command to read out LACP Link Staus.

Thanks for helping me Starting with the Dude.

Kind Regard

lebowski
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: More than one Link between two Elements

Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:28 am

In cases where you absolutely have to see 2 links just make a static cloud object (right click + add static) and attach the second link to it instead of your 2nd switch. (repeat for as many links as you need to track)

You can build a probe to verify that both links in a LACP are up or that it is running at 2gbps or something ( you can find an etherchannel post on it by me a few years back) Every probe has to be manually created since the snmp oid can change this can be painful...