Community discussions

MikroTik App

kolorasta
Topic Author

Devices deleted from map but they apear again after TheDude server restart

Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:08 pm

I can't definitely delete some devices from map. I deleted them but when I restart TheDude server they appear again.
Does this happens to any of you? How can i permanently delete those devices from map? TheDude server is installed on a Windows PC.

ps:sorry for my poor english.

chechito
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Devices deleted from map but they apear again after TheDude server restart

Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:20 pm

looks like database is corrupt

kolorasta
Topic Author

Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:31 pm

how can DB be fixed?

lebowski
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:47 pm

Search this forum for vacuum you will need to learn about sqlite and try to understand how the actual sqlite tools work. There are commands that clean, delete, and check data i don't know most of them off the top of my head. Vacuum is a process where empty table fields are removed to reduce the database size maybe just doing that one step will repair it.

Set your chart raw keep time to 2 days and look at the estimated database size, lower keep times to get it below 1.5GB.

geoffsmith31
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:30 am

We had problems with our Dude setup a while ago. One of the symptoms was maps not saving (intermittently), so deleted objects would reappear and newly created objects would not be there next time you restarted the server. Another symptom was history graphs taking a very long time (minutes) to be displayed and sometimes not even displaying at all. After trying many things, such as database vacuums, complete rebuilds of The Dude server, etc we stumbled across the solution. Our Dude system is on an ESX virtual server and the underlying storage system was upgraded. The faster storage resolved all of the issues we were seeing. Depending on your hardware setup, you may be suffering from a similar issue. If this issue has just started for you, perhaps a drive, or drive controller is failing. If this has always been a problem for you, perhaps your storage system is not fast enough?