Community discussions

MikroTik App

cjonsson
just joined
Topic Author

Displaying OID information from another object

Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:17 pm

Hello,
I have a Meru Wireless controller with about 100 wireless APs. I would like to display connected users on each AP object in the network map. Unfortunaly the SNMP (v2c) data is in the controller so I'm struggling to find a way to fetch the OID data from the controller and display it on the AP object. I'm not sure if it is even possible.... is it?

I tried to display one AP name and connected-count directly on the controller object (via the insert OID in the apperance dialog box). The AP name (Type: octet string) shows up but not the connected-count (Type: counter64).

lebowski
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Displaying OID information from another object

Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:51 pm

It is unlikely, I have a Cisco WLC and have total users on the label of the WLC. I have not finished trying though. I can create a template that enables SNMP on each access point. If that works then maybe there is an OID populated with users connected. My last attempt I was able to reach the AP but I could not find the users connected OIDs.

Meru is different but they should have total users in the controller maybe just putting that on the label of your controller is sufficient.

lebowski
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Displaying OID information from another object

Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:56 pm

You can show an oid from another device by adding the ip address to the oid request.

Users:[oid("1.3.6"',5,0,"192.168.1.1")]

With the above you would be needing to determine each AP oid then if the AP oid had connected users...

returns value of given snmp OID. Only first parameter mandatory. First parameter - oid string, second - cache time - default 5 seconds (5.0), third - negative cache time - default 5 minutes (300.0), forth - ip address (overrides context device), fifth - snmp profile (overrides context device)