Community discussions

MikroTik App

panda
just joined
Topic Author

reset uptime counter

Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:09 am

Hi

what command can i use to reset userman user's uptime counter?

panda
just joined
Topic Author

Re: reset uptime counter

Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:49 pm

I've found this script :

/tool user-manager user reset-counters[/tool :user-manager user find subscriber ="admin"]

running the script from console works just fine but when i Run Script in IP->script List
the commands in the script do not execute.

is it a syntax issue?

fewi
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:58 pm

when i Run Script in IP->script List
What is the "IP->script list"?

janisk
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:35 pm

when you write script in scheduler sometimes it is not executed properly, to overcome that create script under /system script and then just schedule to run /system script run <name>
that will execute always.

panda
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:57 pm

when i Run Script in IP->script List
What is the "IP->script list"?

sorry! i mean System->scripts

janisk
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:16 pm

on rc1 console complained about a lot of things in your script:

n the end it looks like this
/tool user-manager user reset-counters [/tool user-manager user find where  customer="admin"]

panda
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:33 pm

on rc1 console complained about a lot of things in your script:

n the end it looks like this
/tool user-manager user reset-counters [/tool user-manager user find where  customer="admin"]

Thank you, it's working now

dean-za
just joined

Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:23 am

is this specific to v4 ? I have 3.30 running and this
/tool user-manager user reset-counters [/tool user-manager user find subscriber="reception"]
does nothing

i tried adding a comment and searching for the comment and that doesn't work either

I only have 200 users here that I want to reset-counters daily how can I search for "all"

thanks
dean

fewi
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:15 pm

/tool user-manager user reset-counter [/tool user-manager user find]

waleed2721
just joined

Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:42 pm

When I applied this script:
/tool user-manager user reset-counters [/tool user-manager user find where customer="admin"]
It worked and user manger counter resets,but I start getting this error on firefox "Your session has been reset due to inactivity"

corkuck
just joined

Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:49 pm

I get "Your session has been reset due to inactivity." also running PC x86 6.6 This it ture with FireFox and EI browsers. Regardless of clearing history and cookies. Yet to find a fix. Looks like it's been going on for some time now. Many say us EI but that is not the fix ether. In fact EI locks up so bad you can't even close it.

Look for a good fix, ANYONE?

Thank you for your help.....

/rk

corkuck
just joined

Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:02 am

Ok I put in a ticket/email in to MikroTik support, they told me to upgrade to 6.9. Not believing it would work I did it anyway, it's all working find now. No more problem with "Your session has been reset due to inactivity." since. Yaaaaa....

Also remember you must be logged into "the" user account (Hotspot admin?) that you were in previously or it will say "Your session has been reset due to inactivity". Because it doesn't see or know your old account/session you were logged into. So you will get that dreaded " Your session has been reset due to inactivity." message. Because you are not logged into the right account any longer and it can't find this account/session it's because you are not in the right (Hotspot admin account) to put the session back together again thus you get "Your session has been reset due to inactivity".

So log out of everything, then log back into "admin" for hotspot. Then you should be able to get into XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX/userman with out seeing that "Your session has been reset due to inactivity."

Or log out of everything and log into hotspot using something other then admin then you should be able to log in to XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX/user with out "Your session has been reset due to inactivity."

This is why so many great people thinking that some "other browsers" fixes the problem. It sort of does, but really they are just starting a fresh new "log in" so they think it fixes the problem using some other browser, but not really. I know because I was doing it to.

I'm not saying that it's the problem for them or all, but this has been my finding thus far.

Just happy and trying to help others with my finding with "Your session has been reset due to inactivity."

Good luck....

Well off to fix the next problem (limited Mb, over quota session not ending) not logging out the users session after Meg Bit quota has been met, they can just keep going and going. Even though the system know they are over MegBit quota has been reached.....

Oh hey thank you for the tip on, tool, user-manager, user, reset-counter and script scheduler. It works great here is mine:

/tool user-manager user reset-counters [find name="corkuck"]

How I just need to figure out how to concatenate multiple hotspot/user manger "user" without just adding a whole complete script entries for each one. Like this second one ie.

/tool user-manager user reset-counters [find name="user name here"]

And also not just blank resetting them all by resetting all counters for all users.

Happy MikroTik-ing

/rk