MikroTik App

zlobster
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

BPDU guard disabling router port

Fri Jul 07, 2023 10:47 pm

Hi!

I got a CRS309, updated its ROS, RouterBoard (7.10.1) and SwOS (2.13), and rebooted into SwOS. Then I reset SwOS to default configuration.

On my CCR2004 I have setup a bridge with only one SFP port, which I intend to use as a VLAN trunk later on. On this bridge I've also put a DHCP server for a simple test.

Problem is, however, that router is reporting bpdu-guard disabling sfp-sfpplus3 due to received bpdu each time I plug the DAC in its SFP port.

On the CRS309, I'm on default setup with no port isolation and all ports enabled and untagged, in their default VLAN. RSTP is enabled by default on CRS309.
/interface bridge
add add-dhcp-option82=yes dhcp-snooping=yes igmp-snooping=yes igmp-version=3 mld-version=2 \
    multicast-router=disabled name=temp_lan_access pvid=111 vlan-filtering=yes
# BPDU guard changed port role to disabled due to received BPDU frame, manual bridge port re-enable is required
add auto-isolate=yes bpdu-guard=yes bridge=temp_lan_access fast-leave=yes interface=sfp-sfpplus3 \
    multicast-router=disabled pvid=111 restricted-role=yes restricted-tcn=yes
It is my understanding that I'll need this bridge in order to create the other end of the VLAN trunk on the CCR2004 later on.

Maybe I don't need STP on the CCR2004 VLAN trunk? What am I missing and what should I do?