Community discussions

MikroTik App

OlivianKocja
just joined
Topic Author

MikroTik CRS310-8G-2S+-IN Random 2.5G Port Failure

Fri Oct 06, 2023 7:41 am

I recently purchased my first MikroTik switch, the CRS310-8G-2S+-IN. I am very impressed with the switch's features and performance, but I am having one strange issue.

Randomly, some of the 2.5G ports will stop working. There is no transmit or receive activity, and the port lights do not turn on. When this happens, I can only get the ports working again by resetting the switch.

I have tried everything I can think of to troubleshoot the issue, including rebooting the switch, updating the firmware, and changing the port settings. However, the problem persists.

My topology is relatively simple: I have a Ubiquiti Unifi Dream Machine SE (UDM-SE) connected to port 10 of the MikroTik switch using a DAC cable. The UDM-SE is then connected to various other devices, including a NAS, a server, and several workstations.

The switch has been working fine for a couple of weeks, but recently, ports 1 and 3 have stopped working. I have tried rebooting the switch again, but the problem persists.

I am starting to think that there may be a problem with the switch itself. Should I RMA the switch?

ganymede
just joined

Re: MikroTik CRS310-8G-2S+-IN Random 2.5G Port Failure

Sat Oct 07, 2023 2:45 pm

You mention it working fine in beginning. Any chance the workstations on said ports have changed ( longer cable, sleep mode, LAN card driver update etc )? And by reset do you mean reboot, cutting power or complete factory reset?
But if nothing has changed and it's always those same ports, i'd suspect some failure there and apply for warranty.