Community discussions

MikroTik App

ZoL83
just joined
Topic Author

CSS326 Hosts disappear and missing after VLAN config

Thu Oct 26, 2023 4:34 pm

Hi, I have a mysterious problem with our CSS326-24G-2S+ switches. The hosts tab workig correctly, it list the MAC addresses correctly until I set up the VLAN config. After the VLAN setup work correctly, I can open for one time the Host tab (after restart the switch), if I leave/close it, it will be emty for the next open. It seems it is a bug, or I misconfigured something...
(I tried 3 web browsers, with the same result.)

--VLAN tab configuration--
Port1 - Uplink - VLAN mode: Enable - VLAN receive: only tagged - Default VLAN ID: Management VLAN no.
Port2 - Admin port - VLAN mode: Enable - VLAN receive: only untagged - Default VLAN ID: Management VLAN no.
Port3 - Port24 - Office VLAN - VLAN mode: Enable - VLAN receive: only untagged - Default VLAN ID: Office VLAN no.

--VLANs tab--
Port isolation: On
Learning: On
Memebers: only the trunk port is member of all VLANs, the other ports are members only one VLAN.

--System Config--
Watchdog: On
Independent VLAN lookup: On
Mikrotik discovery protocol: On

Any idea what can cause this issue?
Thanks.

k6ccc
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: CSS326 Hosts disappear and missing after VLAN config

Thu Oct 26, 2023 11:31 pm

What version of SwitchOS?

I can tell you that it's not likely a SwitchOS bug - the hosts tab works fine for me with lots of VLANs.

Your config looks OK, except on the VLANs tab I would turn off Port Isolation unless you really understand what that does ON THAT TAB.
Normally in my case on untagged ports, on the VLAN tab I set VLAN mode to either strict or Disabled.

Neither of those should have any effect on your hosts listing hosever.

ZoL83
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Oct 27, 2023 1:06 pm

Thank you for your advices.

The version of SwOS is 2.13

I made these changes, but nothing changed.
I made a reboot, and after that the hosts list is worked for a half minute, but there are multiple entries for /about one host/mac address. After a half minute, there is an error message: Connection lost. But I can change to another tab, and back to hosts tab (without login). The host tab empty again.
We have another type of switches (CRS328-24P-4S+) with the same configuration under SwOS operating mode, and there isn't any problem with the hosts entries.

Meanwhile I found the reason...
I turned off the Independent VLAN lookup option under the System tab.
Independent VLAN Lookup - Enable or disable independent VLAN lookup in the Host table for packet forwarding.
After this change, the hosts list is working again, without multiple entries.

k6ccc
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:22 pm

I had missed that you have IVL turned on. That's another one of those to leave off unless you really understand what it does. Glad you caught it. Not really sure why IVL would have caused what you were seeing however...