Community discussions

MikroTik App

nicholwee
just joined
Topic Author

Logging GPS Coordinates in File when LTE Disconnects

Thu Nov 23, 2023 8:33 am

Hi! Is there a way to log GPS coordinates in a file when LTE disconnects and send them out when LTE reconnects?

Sertik

Re: Logging GPS Coordinates in File when LTE Disconnects

Thu Nov 23, 2023 9:07 am

I think yes it can be done. When the connection is disconnected, the latest data remains in /system gps, unless the router has been rebooted. You can take it from there with a script and save it in a variable/file or ip firewall layer7. When the connection appears, you can transfer them. But what 's the point ? When the connection appeared, wouldn't it be better to determine the GPS coordinates again to know where the object is now?

nicholwee
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Nov 23, 2023 9:16 am

I think yes it can be done. When the connection is disconnected, the latest data remains in /system gps, unless the router has been rebooted. You can take it from there with a script and save it in a variable/file or ip firewall layer7. When the connection appears, you can transfer them. But what 's the point ? When the connection appeared, wouldn't it be better to determine the GPS coordinates again to know where the object is now?
Hello Sertik, thank you for your response. Actually, I would like to achieve a complete reporting if possible, which includes unsent and current coordinates. This will give us a better overview of what may happen during communication "black-out".

Sertik

Thu Nov 23, 2023 9:48 am

OK,