Community discussions

MikroTik App

corsairrzn
just joined
Topic Author

CCR2004-1G-2XS-PCIe + HPE MicroServer Gen10 PROBLEM

Sun Dec 24, 2023 9:20 pm

Good afternoon everyone. I encountered a problem on CCR2004-1G-2XS-PCIe and HPE MicroServer Gen10. When the server is turned on, the board does not boot, the cooler starts to make noise, initialization does not occur. Moreover, after 1 - 4 reboots of the server, everything works fine. When you turn it on for the first time after the server is de-energized, it also does not start. I tried all the BIOS settings, it doesn't help. Perhaps something needs to be turned on/off in the board settings. Help me resolve the issue. Thanks in advance.

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: CCR2004-1G-2XS-PCIe + HPE MicroServer Gen10 PROBLEM

Mon Dec 25, 2023 11:20 am

It probably does start, but it takes much longer time than "normal" boards your server might have installed, so UEFI (and consequrntly OS) don't see it. Even product brochure (available from product downloads) does mention it and a few possible workarounds.

corsairrzn
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Dec 25, 2023 2:53 pm

Sorry for my English. But the problem is not that it takes a long time to start, but that it doesn’t start at all. At the same time, we reboot the server 1 or more times with the button and it starts randomly in a few seconds.

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Dec 25, 2023 9:34 pm

I'm not arguing with your observation, it could be your CCR is somehow broken. I'm just stating that it takes long time to start ... and long time can mean a minute or so (or even more), board has to boot ROS before it is ready to communicate over PCIe bus. And server's POST doesn't pause for the board to boot (unlike many other boards which do pause POST), so it may seem as if the board doesn't start. OTOH I don't think that pressing reset button on the server affects CCR board at all.