MikroTik App

woro
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

migrating to wave2 capsman

Tue Dec 26, 2023 12:15 pm

Hi,

now with 7.13 any my existing set of APs I would like to switch my old capsman setup to the wave2 version.
I already have a (capsman-disconnected) AP in the network serving the same wifi network as the others but with manual setup.

Now I'm wrapping my brain around what to do with the missing "host forwarding" and my vAPs.
On the AX device I just have one bridge but assigning different vlans to the vAP wifis. That marked traffic is connected on the central router via vlan interfaces and connected to distinct bridges on it.
Now I want to configure the same thing via wave2 capsman to the other (AC) caps but I'm confused now.
When I try to configure datapaths in wifi (just for the CAPs) I think I need to provide the AP local bridge name but that bridge is not accepted because I don't have that one locally on the central router running capsman.

Sorry, cannot explain it much better than that but maybe someone has any idea and point me into the right direction?

whatever

Re: migrating to wave2 capsman

Tue Dec 26, 2023 12:45 pm

The bridge has to be selected on the CAP itself in interface settings. See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37aff6d14Xk .
However, if you need vlan tagging on AC devices, you may want to keep datapath bridge setting empty and do all the bridge/vlan config manually.