Community discussions

MikroTik App

ThatMorneGuy
just joined
Topic Author

CRS326 with MLAG and Bridge Vlan Filtering with QinQinQ

Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:58 pm

Hi,

I work for an ISP and I'm working on a new Core network design.

Our vBNG routers support termination of customer PPPoE and IPoE sessions up to QinQinQ level depth, so I figured Id take advantage of this to avoid any possible broadcast domain loops, etc.

I have 2x Access Concentrator Routers where all the PoP VPLS tunnels terminate. Each customer facing port has a unique (to the PoP) customer vlan that gets passed through the VPLS tunnels (One to each AC), all VPLS tunnels are added to a bridge on each AC with a unique PVID (at this level its QinQ), these bridges each have a bonding interface with MLAG to 2x Core switches, where another VLAN is wrapped around to separate the ACs from each other (at this level its now QinQinQ) and these VLANs get trunked to both our vBNG routers.

While running tests I noticed that the PPPoE session doesnt even attempt to connect. When I did Packet Captures on the various devices along the path I found the following.

The vBNG routers successfully receive the PADI PPPoE Discovery packets, and send a PADO reply with the PPPoE server information, this means the QinQinQ is successfully reaching the vBNGs

The Core switches can see both the PADIs and the PADOs which means the packets successfully make it back from the vBNGs to the core switch.

The AC routers dont receive the PADOs, which means that for some reason the traffic isnt getting forwarded from the Core Switches to the ACs, which doesnt really make sense.

## AC Bridge Config
/interface bridge add igmp-snooping=yes name=bridge_BNG priority=0x2000 vlan-filtering=yes
/interface bridge port add bridge=bridge_BNG ingress-filtering=no interface=bonding_03 tag-stacking=yes
/interface bridge port add bridge=bridge_BNG interface=vpls_01 pvid=1001 tag-stacking=yes
/interface bridge vlan add bridge=bridge_BNG comment="VPLS 01" tagged=bridge_BNG,bonding_03 vlan-ids=1001
## Core Switch Bridge Config
/interface bridge add name=bridge_Core priority=0x1000 pvid=99 vlan-filtering=yes
/interface bridge mlag set bridge=bridge_Core peer-port=bonding_01
/interface bridge port add bridge=bridge_Core interface=bonding_01 pvid=99 tag-stacking=yes # Bonding_01 - Link between two Core Switches
/interface bridge port add bridge=bridge_Core interface=bonding_03 pvid=11 tag-stacking=yes # Bonding_03 - Link to AC_01 Router
/interface bridge port add bridge=bridge_Core interface=bonding_04 pvid=99 tag-stacking=yes # Bonding_04 - Link to vBNG_01 Router
/interface bridge vlan add bridge=bridge_Core vlan-ids=99
/interface bridge vlan add bridge=bridge_Core tagged=bridge_Core,bonding_01,bonding_04 untagged=bonding_03 vlan-ids=11 # Outermost VLAN for AC_01
## vBNG Interface Config
interface eth-trunk2.1001
    description "VPLS 01 via AC_01"
    qinq-protocol 8100
    qinqinq-range outmost 11 to 11 preoutmost 1001 to 1001 inmost 100 to 4000
exit
Does anyone have experience passing QinQinQ through a bridge with VLAN Filtering, and have you experienced similar issues? Or is this perhaps an issue with MLAG

AC Routers are CCR2216 running 7.13.5
Core Switches are CRS326 running 7.14rc4 (I upgraded to test if the new changes might fix something)