Community discussions

MikroTik App

skarpushin
just joined
Topic Author

How to reorder firewall rules?

Sun Mar 03, 2024 6:50 am

Hi all!
My Mikrotik is on RouterOS v6.44.5 (long-term).

I want to reorder firewall rules, but cannot figure out how. Neither Firefox or Chrome allow me to drag rules up or down.

Winbox allows me to drag rules, but this change is reflected only in Winbox. Even if I quite and start Winbox again I see new order. So it gives a feeling that order of rules have changed, but....
If I open WebFig, I see something unexpected: visual order of rules remained the same, but rules numbers have been updated.

Hence 2 questions:
1. How to change order of Firewall rules so that they appear in same order in?
2. Did the order of rules actually change?

p.s. I suspect that one of the comments might be "update to v6.49.13", but please do so only if you're 100% sure that inability to change order of firewall rules is a known bug in v6.44.5

johnson73
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: How to reorder firewall rules?

Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:00 am

We only use Winbox and everything will be fine. You can't even touch WebFig. There is no need to compare anything.
Configure all firewall rules based on the default firewall. Remember that the rules are enforced from top to bottom. First the ''input'' chain, then the ''forward'' chain.

elico
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: How to reorder firewall rules?

Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:02 am

As for winbox you need to clear the session cache and make sure that you use the latest winbox version.
Use safe mode on winbox to make sure you won't get locked outside of the Router.
Once you see the rules are OK for 30 secs you are probably OK to apply the config/rules by unclicking the safe mode.