Community discussions

MikroTik App

AAhrui
just joined
Topic Author

slow speed wifi download while make a bridge

Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:16 am

After conducting countless tests, I have obtained the following accurate and repeatable results. I seek the assistance of experts to determine whether the issue lies with me or with ROS:

My ESXi setup includes six i226v ports, with one management port not passed through and five ports passed through: three of these passed-through ports are WAN, and the other two are connected to a wireless AP and a switch, respectively. ROS acts as the main router, with all five passed-through ports allocated to it; OpenWrt serves as a secondary router, equipped with only one virtual network port and a directly connected USB 3.2, to which a portable hard drive is attached.

Before ROS 7.9, speed tests conducted over the wireless AP were only around 40M/s. The upgrade to 7.9 resolved many bugs related to bridging, improving speeds to 90M/s, which is nearly the limit for wireless APs. Thus, this upgrade resolved the slow bridging issue between passed-through WAN and LAN ports. However, the wireless bridging speed between virtual network cards and passed-through network cards within the LAN has not improved, evidenced by: 1. Wireless uploads to the passed-through portable hard drive via the AP reaching satisfactory speeds of 60M/s, but wireless downloads from the hard drive being a mere 18M/s; 2. However, wired downloads via the AP can reach 100M/s, suggesting that the bridging speed between virtual and passed-through network cards in ROS might not be the issue. 3. To investigate whether the AP's wireless performance was at fault, I replaced ROS with iKuai, resulting in both wireless uploads and downloads averaging around 58M/s, indicating that the wireless functioned properly. 4. To eliminate the possibility of incompatibility between ROS and my specific AP model, I tested two other brands of APs, yielding similar results: slow wireless downloads but normal upload speeds. Wired downloads, however, achieved full speed. 5. To check if bridging ports affected speed, I connected the AP to the unpassed management port, achieving satisfactory wireless download and upload speeds of 60M/s.

Therefore, I seek advice from the experts: Is the issue of slow wireless downloads related to ROS? Can you provide any solutions or insights?

AAhrui
just joined
Topic Author

Re: slow speed wifi download while make a bridge

Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:22 am

please find the attached pictures.
Downloading from local network via wifi is too slow while upload speed is satisfied.
I also noticed data downloaded from public network (WAN-CU to AP) will go through bridge while from local network will not go through the bridge.

So, how to solve the problem that download from local network via wifi that is too slow?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.