Community discussions

MikroTik App

netmasterpro
just joined
Topic Author

Wire Cube Pro - Low speed

Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:49 am

Dear friends,
Recently I bought a pack of Wireless Wire Cube Pro (This is a pre-configured kit of two Cube 60Pro ac devices).
https://mikrotik.com/product/wireless_wire_cube_pro
Here I created a map. Two Cube 60Pro ac are connected together and on both side we have a Cisco switches.
But I have new issue. I test embedded bandwidth test between two devices. Tested in receive, send and both mode. All of them show just 1.2 Mbps. The distance is 300 Meter.
We have a line of sight. I even test it with laser measurement device to make sure its align. There is no obstacles in between.
I even test it in a room with distance of 40 Meter, same results.
I didn't test 5Ghz yet.
Have any solutions?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jaclaz
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re: Wire Cube Pro - Low speed

Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:43 pm

At 40 mt it shouldn't make much of a difference, but at 300 m alignment is important.

Just in case a detailed way to align (related to the nRay, but aligning two Cubes should not be much different):
viewtopic.php?t=205283

This said 1.2 Mbps seems way too low, check anyway the RSSI, and Tx sector info and the on the status of the 60 GHz interface, see here for an example:
viewtopic.php?t=199826

Then, post your configurations, follow this:
viewtopic.php?t=203686#p1051720

But the pairs come largely pre-configured, you can also compare your configuration with the one(s) posted recently here:
viewtopic.php?t=205042

In that same thread Amm0 evidenced a possible issue with RSTP when the Cubes are connected to enterprise level switches:
viewtopic.php?t=205042#p1059479
but cannot say if it would slow the connection (I think it should prevent it or make it unstable) :?

Judging from people having issues with them that posted on the forum it is however strange, the reported issues I have seen are mostly with difficulties in connecting to them, not about (so much) slow links, is the behaviour the same if you do the test instead of through the CISCO devices between two PC's (or between a PC and the Cisco device on the other side of the wireless link)?

netmasterpro
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:59 pm

Thank you for your answer. Current PHY Rate is 2.5 Gbps.
I will post config files soon.

holvoetn
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:07 pm

Side note:
I test embedded bandwidth test between two devices. Tested in receive, send and both mode. All of them show just 1.2 Mbps. The distance is 300 Meter.
Never test those devices with the included bandwidth test if you want to know how they perform on their own. CPU load might be too much for them to handle (though in this case it would surprise me with arm processor, it should be able to handle a lot more).
Test through the devices, not on them.

Best to have a PC on each end with iperf and do your testing between those 2 ends.

netmasterpro
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:30 am

Thank you bro,
I checked with PC on both side, sounds better to me. I assume there is some policy for devices in between.

gotsprings
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:11 pm

If the PHY rate shows 2.5G. You should be seeing nearly a Gig on throughput.