Community discussions

MikroTik App

k2dI5umrD9VO
just joined
Topic Author

cAP ax 5GHz not working in CAPsMAN

Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:36 am

I have a CCR2004-16G-2S+ with CAPsMAN and it's currently managing a hAP ax3 in CAPs mode without issue. All clients connect to it and each client is automatically steered to the 5GHz radio. Everything is on RouterOS v7.13.1.

I'm trying to replace the hAP ax3 with a cAP ax and have it do the exact same thing with the same CAPsMAN configuration the hAP ax3 is using. This is the second cAP ax I've tried. I get the cAP ax added to CAPsMAN, set the configurations. I then disable the 2GHz and 5GHz radios on the hAP ax3 and devices automatically connect to the cAP ax. However, everything is connecting to the 2GHz radio. When I disable the 2GHz radio on the cAP ax and leave the 5GHz radio enabled, nothing ever connects to the 5GHz radio on the cAP ax.

This is the second cAP ax I've tried that's done this. The configurations look fine, and they work fine with the hAP ax3. No idea why 5GHz does not work properly on the cAP ax. The hAP ax3 and cAP ax are using the same Qualcomm chipset. Why is the cAP ax behaving this way?

Configuration is pretty generic, most things left unchanged/delivered. As explained, when I disable all cap-wifi's except for cap-wifi4, it doesn't even broadcast its SSID. I check on a mobile device and the SSID isn't even listed.

cap-wifi1 is hAP ax3 5GHz
cap-wifi2 is hAP ax3 2GHz
cap-wifi3 is cAP ax 2GHz
cap-wifi4 is cAP ax 5GHz

/interface wifi configuration
add channel.skip-dfs-channels=all country="United States" disabled=no mode=ap name=cfg1 security.authentication-types="" .encryption="" .ft=no .ft-over-ds=no ssid=MikroTik
add channel.skip-dfs-channels=all .width=20mhz country="United States" disabled=no mode=ap name=cfg2 security.authentication-types="" .encryption="" .ft=no .ft-over-ds=no ssid=\
    MikroTik
/interface wifi
add configuration=cfg1 configuration.mode=ap disabled=no name=cap-wifi1 radio-mac=78:9A:18:46:D1:47 security.authentication-types=wpa2-psk .connect-priority=0/1 .encryption="" \
    .ft=yes .ft-over-ds=yes .group-key-update=1d .wps=disable
add configuration=cfg2 configuration.mode=ap disabled=no name=cap-wifi2 radio-mac=78:9A:18:46:D1:48 security.authentication-types=wpa2-psk .connect-priority=0/1 .ft=yes \
    .ft-over-ds=yes .group-key-update=1d .wps=disable
add configuration=cfg2 configuration.mode=ap name=cap-wifi3 radio-mac=78:9A:18:59:76:FB security.authentication-types=wpa2-psk .connect-priority=0/1 .encryption="" .ft=yes \
    .ft-over-ds=yes .group-key-update=1d .wps=disable
add configuration=cfg1 configuration.mode=ap name=cap-wifi4 radio-mac=78:9A:18:59:76:FA security.authentication-types=wpa2-psk .connect-priority=0/1 .ft=yes .ft-over-ds=yes \
    .group-key-update=1d .wps=disable
/interface wifi cap
set certificate=none discovery-interfaces=all enabled=yes
/interface wifi capsman
set enabled=yes interfaces=all package-path=/ require-peer-certificate=no upgrade-policy=suggest-same-version
Last edited by k2dI5umrD9VO on Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: cAP ax 5GHz not working in CAPsMAN

Tue Jan 09, 2024 7:35 am

You're not provisioning one of cAP ax' radio interface ... both cap-wifi3 and cap-wifi4 configuration stanzas have same MAC set to radio-mac property.

k2dI5umrD9VO
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:43 pm

You're not provisioning one of cAP ax' radio interface ... both cap-wifi3 and cap-wifi4 configuration stanzas have same MAC set to radio-mac property.
That's not it. Both radios have different MAC addresses as well.

2GHz is 78:9A:18:59:76:FB
5GHz is 78:9A:18:59:76:FA

Tried re-provisioning both radios anyway to no avail. 5GHz on the cAP ax still not working. Nothing connecting to it.

k2dI5umrD9VO
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Jan 09, 2024 7:42 pm

I've also noticed that using a Security profile for all APs is broken as delivered. I can create/configure a Security profile in CAPsMAN with the desired security options. However, even if I select security authentication like WPA2 PSK and save the profile, then tell an AP to use that profile, the AP doesn't even set itself to use WPA2 PSK. I have to go into the Configuration for the AP and manually set it to use WPA2 PSK.

So using a Security profile on the cAP ax doesn't resolve the original issue either. 5GHz shows as running in its status but it's not broadcasting an SSID so nothing can connect to it.

It sounds like CAPsMAN in v7.13 and above just flat out is broken.

The only thing I haven't tried yet is rolling back the firmware.

k2dI5umrD9VO
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Jan 09, 2024 8:03 pm

Tried rolling back the firmware on the cAP ax to no avail.

I'm just going to send this unit back if I don't have an answer by Thursday and just assume that v7.13 is broken for the cAP ax.

Absolutely ridiculous.

erlinden
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Jan 09, 2024 8:07 pm

Befor doing a downgrade (which is probably not necessary), can you check why in your config there is encryption="" 4 times?
Looks to me like a misconfiguration, at least you don't want this current setting.
Absolutely ridiculous.
Steep learning curve...don't give up yet.

You can also reset configuration and begin from scratch.
Last edited by erlinden on Tue Jan 09, 2024 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

whatever

Tue Jan 09, 2024 8:07 pm

It's not broken, you are using it wrong.
First thing you should do is removing all the empty(!) authentication-types and encryption settings. Then start with a minimal configuration where anything but the SSID and security password is set to default. Once this is working you can start refining settings.

Edit: Basic setup guide on the offical Mikrotik YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37aff6d14Xk

k2dI5umrD9VO
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:32 pm

Okay, so:

Configured a security profile with the desired authentication type and encryption ciphers (which contradicts what's documented here: https://help.mikrotik.com/docs/display/ ... Properties)

Configured both radios on the cAP ax to use the security profile via CAPsMAN
Doesn't reflect the desired changes from the security profile (so no authentication types or ciphers are selected- CAPsMAN is obviously broken here.)
Manually set the authentication types and ciphers for each radio
Enabled the cAP ax radios, disabled the hAP ax3 radios
Everything goes to 2GHz network on cAP ax. I disable the 2GHz. Nothing goes to 5GHz.

Here is my configuration
add channel.skip-dfs-channels=all country="United States" disabled=no mode=ap name=cfg1 security.authentication-types="" .encryption="" .ft=no .ft-over-ds=no ssid=MikroTik
add channel.skip-dfs-channels=all .width=20mhz country="United States" disabled=no mode=ap name=cfg2 security.authentication-types="" .encryption="" .ft=no .ft-over-ds=no ssid=\
    MikroTik
/interface wifi security
add authentication-types=wpa2-psk connect-priority=0/1 disabled=no encryption=ccmp,gcmp,ccmp-256,gcmp-256 ft=yes ft-over-ds=yes group-key-update=1d name=sec1 wps=disable
/interface wifi
add configuration=cfg1 configuration.mode=ap name=cap-wifi1 radio-mac=78:9A:18:46:D1:47 security=sec1 security.authentication-types=wpa2-psk .encryption=\
    ccmp,gcmp,ccmp-256,gcmp-256
add configuration=cfg2 configuration.mode=ap name=cap-wifi2 radio-mac=78:9A:18:46:D1:48 security=sec1 security.authentication-types=wpa2-psk .encryption=\
add configuration=cfg2 configuration.mode=ap name=cap-wifi3 radio-mac=78:9A:18:59:76:FB security=sec1 security.authentication-types=wpa2-psk .encryption=\
add configuration=cfg1 configuration.mode=ap disabled=no name=cap-wifi4 radio-mac=78:9A:18:59:76:FA security=sec1 security.authentication-types=wpa2-psk .encryption=\
/interface wifi cap
set certificate=none discovery-interfaces=all enabled=yes
/interface wifi capsman
set enabled=yes interfaces=all package-path=/ require-peer-certificate=no upgrade-policy=suggest-same-version

erlinden
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:59 pm

I would remove your current configuration and start from here:
#create a security profile
/interface wifi security
add authentication-types=wpa3-psk name=sec1 passphrase=HaveAg00dDay

#create configuraiton profiles to use for provisioning
add country=Latvia name=5ghz security=sec1 ssid=CAPsMAN_5
add name=2ghz security=sec1 ssid=CAPsMAN2
add country=Latvia name=5ghz_v security=sec1 ssid=CAPsMAN5_v

#configure provisioning rules, configure band matching as needed
/interface wifi provisioning
add action=create-dynamic-enabled master-configuration=5ghz slave-configurations=5ghz_v supported-bands=\
    5ghz-n
add action=create-enabled master-configuration=2ghz supported-bands=2ghz-n

#enable CAPsMAN service
/interface wifi capsman
set ca-certificate=auto enabled=yes
https://help.mikrotik.com/docs/display/ ... ionexample:

The above configuration will handle different radios by setting the supported-bands. Just make sure that the config above is adjusted to your preferences.

k2dI5umrD9VO
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:14 pm

I've already reset everything from scratch and reconfigured twice to no avail.

Like I said, all of this works fine on a hAP ax3. 5GHz does not work on the cAP ax using the same configuration- and as far as I can tell, that's the only thing that doesn't work.

Watching the CAPsMAN MikroTik video on YouTube. Toms claims you can just configure a security profile and set the AP to use that profile. I'm sure that works in theory, but so far in practice, it doesn't apply all of the desired security settings from the profile to the AP.

So the documentation AND the YouTube instructions DO NOT match what's actually happening in CAPsMAN when applied.

k2dI5umrD9VO
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:29 pm

Am I supposed to be using the "routeros" v7.13.1 package to manage CAPsMAN on the CCR? Or am I supposed to use the "wireless" package?

According to documentation, I should be using routeros with WiFi6 APs. Okay, so that's what I've been doing on the CCR.

erlinden
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:37 pm

Wireless package is for non wifi-qcom devices (like all ac and older using the wireless package).
As you are using the cAP ax, you only need the 7.13.x routeros (on CAPsMAN and CAP) to get this up and running.

Still don't know why there is a difference between hAP ax3 and cAP ax, I would expect them both to work. Though again, creating your CAPsMAN config from scratch should give a working environment.

Is there anything in the log?
Have you followed all directions in the documentation, also on the CAP?

k2dI5umrD9VO
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:48 pm

Started over from scratch again. After having played with all of the available tabs in CAPsMAN, created profiles, configurations, etc. the WiFi ONLY works if I configure each AP directly in CAPsMAN via WiFi -> WiFi tab, double-clicking on each "cap-wifi". Doing this allows everything to work properly as expected on the hAP ax3. This new configuration when replicated to a cAP ax yields a 2GHz radio that works, but a 5GHz radio that DOES NOT. This configuration when applied to a cAP ax leads to ALL clients connecting ONLY to 2GHz. If I disable the 2GHz radio on the cAP ax and ONLY ENABLE the 5GHz radio, it doesn't broadcast an SSID at all so you CANNOT CONNECT TO IT.
/interface wifi
add channel.skip-dfs-channels=all configuration.country="United States" .mode=ap .ssid=MikroTik disabled=no name=cap-wifi1 radio-mac=78:9A:18:46:D1:47 \
    security.authentication-types=wpa2-psk .connect-priority=0/1 .encryption=ccmp,gcmp,ccmp-256,gcmp-256 .ft=yes .ft-over-ds=yes .group-key-update=1d .wps=disable
add channel.skip-dfs-channels=all .width=20mhz configuration.country="United States" .mode=ap .ssid=MikroTik disabled=no name=cap-wifi2 radio-mac=78:9A:18:46:D1:48 \
    security.authentication-types=wpa2-psk .connect-priority=0/1 .encryption=ccmp,gcmp,ccmp-256,gcmp-256 .ft=yes .ft-over-ds=yes .group-key-update=1d .wps=disable
add channel.skip-dfs-channels=all .width=20mhz configuration.country="United States" .mode=ap .ssid=MikroTik name=cap-wifi3 radio-mac=78:9A:18:59:76:FB \
add channel.skip-dfs-channels=all configuration.country="United States" .mode=ap .ssid=MikroTik name=cap-wifi4 radio-mac=78:9A:18:59:76:FA security.authentication-types=wpa2-psk \
    .connect-priority=0/1 .encryption=ccmp,gcmp,ccmp-256,gcmp-256 .ft=yes .ft-over-ds=yes .group-key-update=1d .wps=disable
/interface wifi cap
set discovery-interfaces=all enabled=yes
/interface wifi capsman

k2dI5umrD9VO
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Jan 10, 2024 7:02 pm

So basically I'm stuck with a cAP ax I can't use since 5GHz just flat out doesn't work in CAPsMAN v7.13.x with this thing. This is most definitely a software issue. I've watched the YT videos, read the documentation, tried direct configuration of the AP and indirect using profiles to no avail.

Whatever. I'll just leave this thread open while the distributor deals with the RMA process with MikroTik for the cAP ax unit. Maybe it gets fixed in the next ROS release? I'm giving things a few more days until I demand a refund or dispute the charge.

Kindis

Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:00 pm

Late to the party here but can you do a full export of interface/wifi both on capsman and cap (both a hap ax2 and cap ax)
I have 3 cAP AX and I do not have this issue at all.

One thing that I wonder is you say that you can configure each wifi interface on the cap and that is the only way to get it to work? I have manager set on each interface to capsman and then local config does not work at all so what do you have this set to?

erlinden
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:06 pm

Set encryption to CCMP only and give it another try.
This is most definitely a software issue.
I would call it a user issue :lol:

un9edsda
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:41 pm

So basically I'm stuck with a cAP ax I can't use since 5GHz just flat out doesn't work in CAPsMAN v7.13.x with this thing. This is most definitely a software issue. I've watched the YT videos, read the documentation, tried direct configuration of the AP and indirect using profiles to no avail.

Whatever. I'll just leave this thread open while the distributor deals with the RMA process with MikroTik for the cAP ax unit. Maybe it gets fixed in the next ROS release? I'm giving things a few more days until I demand a refund or dispute the charge.

It is definitely a misconfiguration issue: all of the cAP ax that I have used/configured had wifi1 as the 5GHz interface and wifi2 as the 2.4GHz one. So if you disable wifi1 it shouldn't be a surprise that you will not have 5GHz available.
Besides you were not willing to go from the simple configuration to learn where you did the misconfiguration of the device, rather went with one where you turned all the knobs that you found instead of not touching anything beside the ones described in the CAPsMAN - CAP simple configuration example.

k2dI5umrD9VO
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:30 pm

Feel free to continue blaming the issue on what I'm doing even though I've already shown it's a software issue. I don't know how many times I can scream "everything works if I use a hAP ax3" and I would bet money if I swap the hAP ax3 with an ax2, it will still work. It's also probably no coincidence that every recent post in this sub-forum is from someone having WiFi issues with the new CAPsMAN system in v7.13.x.

I'm using the product as delivered. I've even done this from scratch multiple times. What you see now is basically me just turning on what's delivered in the new CAPsMAN and telling the cAP ax to talk to it, implementing a barebones direct configuration and 5GHz flat out does not work.

Regardless, I'm sending the cAP ax back and I'm actually going to swap the hAP ax3 with an ax2 and then I guarantee I will continue to prove that this configuration works with hAP models but not the cAP for reasons unknown.

Kindis

Sat Jan 13, 2024 1:34 am

Well I would love to help but need to see the config to do so.
I also think there is something strange in config but as you have devices that work I do not know. Want to look into the config as some things you can do should not be passable with manager at to capsman.

aivarsm
just joined

Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:38 am

dont worry. i can not still add `D53G-5HacD2HnD-TC&RG502Q-EA` AC wireless to capsMan AX.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:39 am

Aivar, which RouterOS version are you running and which packages do you have installed?

As it says here: https://help.mikrotik.com/docs/display/ROS/Wireless

You need routeros.npk and wifi-qcom-ac.npk installed. Nothing else!

holvoetn
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:40 am

Why not ?
Use the proper wifi driver and it can be done according to this table.

https://help.mikrotik.com/docs/display/ROS/Wireless

EDIT: ah, someone made the same response :lol:

k2dI5umrD9VO
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:33 am

Just came here to say with v7.13+ and the new qcom packages:

hAP ac3 defaults to wifi1 being 2GHz
hAP ax3 defaults to wifi1 being 5GHz

👏

holvoetn
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 am

This has nothing to do with 7.13, it has always been like that.
With the arrival of AX devices, 5GHz radio was labeled wifi1.

k2dI5umrD9VO
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:20 pm

What

k2dI5umrD9VO
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:45 pm

Had some free time to circle back to this.

Discovered something and maybe someone can tell me if this is intended behavior/working as designed. hAP ax3 still working fine, directly configured in CAPsMAN. I've added a hAP ax2 to CAPsMAN on the same network. CAPsMAN has assigned the hAP ax3 "cap-wifi1" (5GHz radio) and the hAP ax2 "cap-wifi3" (5GHz radio).

Configurations are the same for both cap-wifi1 and cap-wifi3. I noticed on cap-wifi1, the automatically assigned Channel is currently "5180/ax/Ceee". I then noticed on cap-wifi3, the automatically assigned Channel was something different. No devices would connect to cap-wifi3.

I then went into CAPsMAN (WiFi) -> Channel tab, created a new channel configuration (channel1) then only changed the Frequency field to what cap-wifi1 is currently using. I then went back to the direct configuration of cap-wifi3, Channel tab, set Channel to "channel1" thereby forcing cap-wifi1 and cap-wifi3 to use the same channel.

Turned off WiFi on my iPhone, turned it back on. It immediately registered/connected to cap-wifi3 on the hAP ax2.

So multiple APs that share the same SSIDs and their 5GHz radios on all CAPsMAN registered APs must have have matching channel frequencies before any devices can connect? Because that appears to be the behavior I'm seeing.

See attachments.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

holvoetn
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:09 pm

Definitely not.
I have a CAPSMAN setup with 15 APs (14 of which can use 5GHz) using 4 different 5Ghz-frequencies and devices connect and roam just fine across all APs.
(and yes, I know there is 1 disabled interface, it's on purpose)

Frequency definition is done through provisioning so I have no overlaps for the locations those APs are installed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

k2dI5umrD9VO
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:29 pm

Wow, pretty strange then what I'm experiencing. The next thing I want to try is removing the hAP ax3 and only having the hAP ax2 then directly configure that in CAPsMAN and see what happens (with auto channel/frequency.) If that works, then I want to add the hAP ax3 back in as a second AP in CAPsMAN and see what happens (see if I have to match the channel/frequency for it before 5GHz will work.)

So it's beginning to sound like I'm not crazy and that this probably is a bug.

holvoetn
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:44 pm

If you set frequency to auto, make sure it's not selecting a frequency which your client devices can not use.
Main reason why in that setup I showed, I only use lower ranges (Windows CE Symbol handheld warehouse scanners are the main client devices).

k2dI5umrD9VO
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:19 pm

As far as I can tell, there is no option in the new CAPsMAN to set it to auto. I believe there is in the old CAPsMAN, though. This new one requires you to pick a frequency or a frequency range.

holvoetn
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:22 pm

You can leave both unselected (not blank, that's something else).
Then it will use maximum possible band and whatever frequency it sees fit.

Or use frequency list, or frequency range...

k2dI5umrD9VO
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:37 pm

You can leave both unselected (not blank, that's something else).
Then it will use maximum possible band and whatever frequency it sees fit.

Or use frequency list, or frequency range...
They were both unselected/greyed out from the very beginning. Both APs were choosing whatever frequency they wanted, just not the same one for both. The discovery is if I manually match the frequencies on both APs, that's the only way to get 5GHz working on both.
Last edited by k2dI5umrD9VO on Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

holvoetn
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:38 pm

And unless it's a frequency not supported by the connecting clients, it should work.

bpwl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:35 am

And unless it's a frequency not supported by the connecting clients, it should work.
Or it uses one of the SRD (short range) frequencies, with very low power , a range that is mostly idle because too weak to detect users, and as such is preferred by "auto channel selection" with AX , if not limited by the range setting. Idem for default country since 7.13.1 ... Latvia, which allows only very low power in SRD freq range.

k2dI5umrD9VO
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:33 am

Any thoughts on why this issue is happening?

erlinden
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:01 am

Any thoughts on why this issue is happening?
Can you please share the config of the cAP ax? And have you checked the log on it?
And can you check if there is a passphrase? This is missing in the posted configs, but I assume removed on purpose...?

In your case I would netinstall the cAP ax, and perform a reset configuration and select CAPS Mode.
cap-wifi1 is hAP ax3 5GHz
cap-wifi2 is hAP ax3 2GHz
cap-wifi3 is cAP ax 2GHz
cap-wifi4 is cAP ax 5GHz
Are you sure the cAP ax is not a cAP XL ac?

holvoetn
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:16 am

Are you sure the cAP ax is not a cAP XL ac?
It shows ax/Ceee in the screenshots.
XL AC can not use that band. It would show AC then.

erlinden
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:43 am

It shows ax/Ceee in the screenshots.
Indeed, and if I read correctly, the screenshot is of the combination hAP ax2 and hAP ax3.

holvoetn
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:47 am

Quite correct observation ...
Nowhere in the exports the model of the device is being shown.
So we can not be sure.

And it's not the first time around here I see users mixing cAP AX and cAP XL AC so indeed a good remark to make sure we're talking about the correct device.

k2dI5umrD9VO
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Feb 08, 2024 5:05 pm

I've posted my WiFi configuration numerous times, but okay, here we go again (removed serial #, etc.):
# 2024-02-08 10:09:36 by RouterOS 7.13.4
# software id = *
#
# model = CCR2004-16G-2S+
# serial number = *
/interface wifi channel
add disabled=no frequency=2300-7300 name=channel1 skip-dfs-channels=all
/interface wifi
add channel=channel1 configuration.country="United States" .mode=ap .ssid=MikroTik disabled=no name=cap-wifi1 radio-mac=78:9A:18:46:D1:47 security.authentication-types=wpa2-psk \
    .connect-priority=0/1 .encryption=ccmp,gcmp,ccmp-256,gcmp-256 .ft=yes .ft-over-ds=yes .group-key-update=1d .wps=disable
add channel=channel1 channel.frequency=2300-7300 .width=20mhz configuration.country="United States" .mode=ap .ssid=MikroTik disabled=no name=cap-wifi2 radio-mac=\
    78:9A:18:46:D1:48 security.authentication-types=wpa2-psk .connect-priority=0/1 .encryption=ccmp,gcmp,ccmp-256,gcmp-256 .ft=yes .ft-over-ds=yes .group-key-update=1d .wps=\
    disable
add channel=channel1 channel.frequency=2300-7300 configuration.country="United States" .mode=ap .ssid=MikroTik disabled=no name=cap-wifi3 radio-mac=78:9A:18:28:59:AE \
add channel=channel1 channel.frequency=2300-7300 .width=20mhz configuration.country="United States" .mode=ap .ssid=MikroTik disabled=no name=cap-wifi4 radio-mac=\
    78:9A:18:28:59:AF security.authentication-types=wpa2-psk .connect-priority=0/1 .encryption=ccmp,gcmp,ccmp-256,gcmp-256 .ft=yes .ft-over-ds=yes .group-key-update=1d .wps=\
    disable
/interface wifi cap
set discovery-interfaces=all enabled=yes
/interface wifi capsman

erlinden
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Feb 08, 2024 5:19 pm

I've posted my WiFi configuration numerous times, but okay, here we go again (removed serial #, etc.):
Werte talking about the cAP AX, not the CAPsMAN.
Can you please share the config of the cAP ax? And have you checked the log on it?

k2dI5umrD9VO
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Feb 08, 2024 5:24 pm

Werte talking about the cAP AX, not the CAPsMAN.
Read my previous posts. The cAP AX is GONE. It's now a hAP ax2 and ax3.

erlinden
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Feb 08, 2024 5:29 pm

You are right!

Okay, can you please share configs of both the hAP ax2 and ax3?

k2dI5umrD9VO
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Feb 08, 2024 5:49 pm

You are right!

Okay, can you please share configs of both the hAP ax2 and ax3?
What are you looking for? They're both default/delivered and in CAPsMAN mode.

erlinden
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Feb 08, 2024 6:01 pm

What are you looking for? They're both default/delivered and in CAPsMAN mode.
I'm looking for the answer to your question, just like you.

holvoetn
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:08 pm

To put it otherwise...

Help us to help you.

k2dI5umrD9VO
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:40 pm

I've literally given everything I can? What additional information is needed?

Ab5
just joined

Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:49 am

skip-dfs-channels=all

solved it for me not sure if its the same problem you had, but had no 5GHZ SSID on capsman broadcasting till i set it

/interface wifi channel add band=5ghz-ax disabled=no name=5GHZ-AX skip-dfs-channels=all width=20/40/80mhz

robmaltsystems
Long time Member
Long time Member

Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:05 pm

That sounds like a bug as it should at least end up on 5180 which is non-DFS - and therefore no affected by that switch?