Community discussions

MikroTik App

TraziVentures
just joined
Topic Author

Please verify correct Failover settings?

Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:33 pm

Good morning fellow MikroTik friends,

Quick request- could someone please take a quick look at my current failover settings and tell me if anything appears to be missing? (Please see attached screenshot).

This is a MikroTik router which provides internet to our office via 3 Mikrotik switches and 5 Mikrotik wireless gateways. WAN-1 (ether1) is configured with a static IP from our main fiber like. WAN-2 (ehter16) uses a static IP from a backup fiber line. DHCP is enabled in the router.

The terminal window is continuously pinging mikrotik.com to verify online status. When I manually disable ether1 the router DOES failover to ether16, and the pings continue.

My problem is that internet drops for the entire office. The router is failing over but does not appear to be moving the network over, and I can't figure out why.

We have no special configuration setup (like a VPN or third party solution). Our MiroTik router is connected directly to the fiber gateway with nothing filtering traffic or ports, and just using the standard RouterOS built in functions (firewall, DHCP, etc).

Thanks in advance for the assistance!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Please verify correct Failover settings?

Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:36 pm

/export file=anynameyouwish (minus router serial number, any public WANIP info, keys, long dhcp lease lists )