Community discussions

MikroTik App

Speedyboat13
just joined
Topic Author

Mgmt in VRF issue 7.14.1

Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:49 am

Hi,

Just upgraded from 7.13.5 to 7.14.1 and lost all mgmt connectivity to the device (RBD52G-5HacD2HnD).
Mgmt is done in a vrf (mgmt) with a wireguard tunnel connected to it. ssh and www-ssl was at the time of upgrade connected to the mgmt vrf.

After upgrade the device stopped responding to both SSH and 443. However I could still ping the device over the wireguard tunnel. As a last ditch effort to recover the device which is very remote to me I was able to telnet to it over the wireguard tunnel - even though telnet was mapped to the main vrf at the time.

Long story short, I was able to open up winbox access through the devices external IP, remote in via that and downgrade back to 7.13.5 again and all is now working as intended.

Edit: seems I might be experiencing this:
*) vrf - fixed VRF interfaces being moved to main table after reboot (introduced in v7.14);
even though it is supposed to be fixed.

Editedit: yes I´ve opened up a support ticket. Leaving the thread to see if someone else sees the same,

Speedyboat13
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Mgmt in VRF issue 7.14.1  [SOLVED]

Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:57 am

Answer from support: "This problem is not fully fixed in 7.14.1, it is fixed in 7.15beta and will be fixed in next 7.14 release."