Community discussions

MikroTik App

djhiron
just joined
Topic Author

RTSP protocol between swOS and routerOS

Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:46 pm

Hi,
I would like to ask you a question, for which I currently cannot find the solution or understand if it is feasible or not with these devices...
I have a RouterBoard 4011iGS+ with ROS 7.14.1 and two MikroTik switches CSS326-24G-2S+ with SwitchOS 2.16;
on the RouterBoard, there are 3 bridges 30, 40, 110 to which the respective tagged VLANs are assigned on physical ports eth9 and eth10.
Eth9 of the router is connected to port 24 of switch 1; eth10 is connected to port 24 of switch 2.
I would like to connect ports 23 of the switches together so that in case of failure on the uplinks (router-switch connection) of one of the two switches, traffic temporarily passes through port 23.
I am not familiar with SwitchOS, from the RSTP menu I can only select the port on which to enable it, Bridge Priority (hex) 8000 (I can modify this value), and Port Cost Mode choosing between short/long.
On the router, in the RSTP settings of the bridges, I have set the same hex value and the same type of cost mode as the switch.
Connecting ports 23 creates a loop throughout the network and RSTP does not intervene, forcing me to keep the cable disconnected from port 23.
On various forums, I have read about similar issues with SwitchOS, some have solved it by setting trunk ports in the following way:
VLAN mode: strict, VLAN receive: any, default VLAN ID: 1; this solution does not work in my case.
I am seeking advice regarding the possible correction of the incorrect configuration of the router or the switch.
Thank you all.