MikroTik App

AtomikRoach
just joined
Topic Author

Adding APs on a RB4011iGS+RM

Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:11 pm

Greetings y'all!

ALERT! Network learning newbie here...
I have read several forum posts, but haven't found the exact answer to what I would like to achieve with my home network. To begin with, my internet provider's modem is in bridge mode. I have a MikroTik RB4011iGS+RM (routerOS 7.14.2) which manages my network except for wifi, the latter is provided by my old TP-Link router connected to a LAN port. I purchased a Grandstream GWN7660 access point to replace the router. And I want to eventually add two more access points.

What matters to me now is to understand how to manage the access point via the MikroTik, I understand that I will not have access to the Grandstream manager via the MikroTik, but can the GS be put into bridge mode and obtain its provisioning from the MikroTik configuration? Or... I need to set the GS AP via it's own management software and always manage it via GS portal?

Here's my lab config:
ISP's modem (Bridge)

MikroTik -> ether1- INTERNET • ether2@5- LAN

Unmannaged 4-port 2.5G PoE switch connected via SFP+ to MikroTik SFP+

Grandstream GWN7660 (PoE connection)

So far the RouterOS setup seems to be working fine, I want to eventually add VLANs (MGMT - HOME - Guest - IoT), but one learning at a time, for now I want to know if it's possible to do all provisioning of access points (SSID, passwords, etc.) via the MikroTik while having the GS AP in Bridge mode?

Don't hesitate to correct me, RouterOS is a lot of material for a beginner to master!

Thanks!