MikroTik App

befire
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Demo license key

Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:29 pm

Hi everybody ihave 2 questions:

1- i request a demo key ty MT 3.4 but web-proxy wont work so i fdisk the hardisk and tried to install the expiry version for MT 3.4 but it seem that the licence is stucked on Hdd and wont removed so how can i remove it to reistall an expiry version again?

2- in case of HDD craching how can use my license in another HDD?

best regards.

ahmedsaffar76

Re: Demo license key

Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:20 pm

Hi everybody ihave 2 questions:

1- i request a demo key ty MT 3.4 but web-proxy wont work so i fdisk the hardisk and tried to install the expiry version for MT 3.4 but it seem that the licence is stucked on Hdd and wont removed so how can i remove it to reistall an expiry version again?
Hi ;
Glad to write to you .
you mean you want to re-install your old license key you was using before this demo key ? you say that the licenece is stucked on HDD and will not be removed , so how the old licence key had been removed ?
2- in case of HDD craching how can use my license in another HDD?
best regards.
the licence key is related with the HDD and mostly if you lost your HDD that mean you lost your licence key as well .
with best regards

befire
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:34 pm

thx for ur fast reply.
about first quest (expiry MT)=Mikrotik without license that expire after 22 hours but with full features. so after i insert the demo license i realise that web proxy can't be tested so i tried to reinstall the version without license to test web proxy but noway even after i fdisk the HDD the license still stucked and i can't test webproxy.

about 2nd quest what if i buy a L6 licence (250$) after 2 days my HDD crached ? isn't a bug in mikrotik comercial system lot of users will not buy for this issue cz as u all know hardwares are so fast to be damaged especially HDD.
best regards

ahmedsaffar76

Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:28 pm

thx for ur fast reply.
about first quest (expiry MT)=Mikrotik without license that expire after 22 hours but with full features. so after i insert the demo license i realise that web proxy can't be tested so i tried to reinstall the version without license to test web proxy but noway even after i fdisk the HDD the license still stucked and i can't test webproxy.
Hi again ;
do you have another OS version ? try to install it and then re-install this one and check if you will succed .
about 2nd quest what if i buy a L6 licence (250$) after 2 days my HDD crached ? isn't a bug in mikrotik comercial system lot of users will not buy for this issue cz as u all know hardwares are so fast to be damaged especially HDD.
best regards
as i know that the licence key is related to the HDD , so when you loose the HDD you will lose the licence as well .
that what i know .
with best regards .

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:27 am

this issue cz as u all know hardwares are so fast to be damaged especially HDD.
if you use good quality hardware (including the HDD) it will last for many years. it has been proven in real life - there are many users with RouterOS uptime many years (this means without reboot)

befire
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:21 pm

u are right normis but disasters happened "electricity problems,thunder voltage etccccc" maybe i wanna upgrade my HDD to SATA. no one will be happy to pay 250$ and not be able to use his license for full time. do u feel happy and confortable to do this normis ? paying 250$ and u don know when ur HDD will be damaged and u lose ur work then u have to pay another 250$? why u just make a good license alghoritme depending in Software's id itself and not hardware serial number? it will be more confortable for clients.
who is with me in this?

and about license i tried to install diferent version but with no success the demo license still stucked in the HDD any ideas? cz i wanna test the webproxy in version 3.4.

best regards

jcremin

Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:34 am

Yep, I agree. See this thread http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=22244

While I don't agree with the examples and reasons, they don't seem to want to budge, although if the hardware fails, they will reissue your license. Still don't agree with the method... first, you're depending on waiting for support, and second, you may have to pay for them to do it.

If the drive that I have windows installed on dies, I just put in a new drive and reinstall and everything is good. Not so in this case.