MikroTik App

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

DDNS & ChangeIP

Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:30 am

Change IP is now supported in Next 2.9 version:

/tool dns-update name=example.proxydns.com address=10.1.0.1 key-name=example key="\[password\]"
Last edited by normis on Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

changeip
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Jun 17, 2005 5:45 pm

You guys ROCK! I will test functionality in the next RC update and give feedback where needed. Thanks again!

Sam

yogi
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:09 pm

You guys ROCK! I will test functionality in the next RC update and give feedback where needed. Thanks again!

Sam
Sam have you had a chance to evaluate the stability for us?

jman12
just joined

DDNs

Sun Jul 17, 2005 3:05 pm

So this cool but how do we get the dynamic ip to send to changeip without the subnet.
If i query the pppoe interface i allways get the ip/32 now we need the ip only ??????

changeip
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Jul 17, 2005 6:57 pm

Here is a 2.9 script we have whipped up. It has not been 100% fully tested, but is supported. Please test this out and if there are any problems please let us know. This script is for 2.9, not 2.8 as the previous script is.

Create this script as 'ddnsUpdate' and schedule it to run once each 1-5 minutes or so. Change the information on the first few lines to your specific details.
:log info "DDNS: Begin"

:global ddns-user "YOURUSERID"
:global ddns-pass "YOURPASSWORD"
:global ddns-host "*1"
:global ddns-interface "EXACTINTERFACENAME"

:global ddns-system ("mt-" . [/system package get [/system package find name=system] version] )

:global ddns-ip [ /ip address get [/ip address find interface=$ddns-interface] address ]

:if ([ :typeof $ddns-lastip ] = nil ) do={ :global ddns-lastip 0.0.0.0/0 }

:if ([ :typeof $ddns-ip ] = nil ) do={

:log info ("DDNS: No ip address present on " . $ddns-interface . ", please check.")

} else={

:if ($ddns-ip != $ddns-lastip) do={

:log info "DDNS: Sending UPDATE!"
    :log info [ /tool dns-update name=$ddns-host address=[:pick $ddns-ip 0 [:find $ddns-ip "/"] ] key-name=$ddns-user key=$ddns-pass ]
    :global ddns-lastip $ddns-ip

} else={ 

:log info "DDNS: No change" 

}

}

:log info "DDNS: End" 

There is no output from the '/tool dns-update' function as of yet, I am working with mikrotik to see if we can get the return code output to the log or something. The script attempts to log it, but nothing is entered. Right now the only way to check for confirmation that the script is working is to log into the ChangeIP.com account and click on 'View recent ddns updates'. You should see the updates coming from mikrotik upon the first run as well as anytime your IP changes.

The subnet mask is removed from the IP address before the update is sent on this script.

feedback appreciated as always.

Sam

jman12
just joined

Sun Jul 17, 2005 7:35 pm

Thanks

This i cool and it works a treat.
Can you post a link for the 2.8 version of this script
Many thanks for time and effort

Jman

changeip
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Jul 17, 2005 7:45 pm

There is the 2.8 version here:
http://forum.mikrotik.com//viewtopic.ph ... ynamic+dns

Use the very bottom script. That 2.8 script uses SMTP to send an email to our systems smtp-to-ddns proxy ... much different than the built in tool now provided in 2.9.

Sam

wildbill442
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:19 pm

does this work with other Dynamic DNS providers other than ChangeIP?

I tried with mine (dyndns.org) and it keeps returning authentication failure in the log...

changeip
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:27 pm

The 2.8 script will only work with ChangeIP.com because we wrote a smtp-to-ddns proxy that takes these updates via emails and applies them. The other providers do not have this same functionality, they only use HTTP protocols.

The 2.9 /tool dns-update might work with other providers but I believe they aren't as reliable. We know the Mikrotik and can troubleshoot and provide support whereas the other companies probably don't even know who Mikrotik is. Also, their updates systems are much more strict and your account is always getting locked out if you sent too many updates.

Turn on the debugging for ddns to see if you can find anything problematic. The problem with DynDNS and other companies is that they output http text in the body message instead of the standard http response codes.

Sam

wildbill442
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:40 pm

The 2.8 script will only work with ChangeIP.com because we wrote a smtp-to-ddns proxy that takes these updates via emails and applies them. The other providers do not have this same functionality, they only use HTTP protocols.

The 2.9 /tool dns-update might work with other providers but I believe they aren't as reliable. We know the Mikrotik and can troubleshoot and provide support whereas the other companies probably don't even know who Mikrotik is. Also, their updates systems are much more strict and your account is always getting locked out if you sent too many updates.

Turn on the debugging for ddns to see if you can find anything problematic. The problem with DynDNS and other companies is that they output http text in the body message instead of the standard http response codes.

Sam
Thanks for the reply, I'm using 2.9.6 and it would appear dyndns.org doesn't support intergration with Mikrotik. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to use their software update tool...

ela002
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:05 pm

Can you please add support for no-ip?

Tony Burton

Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:06 am

Do you plan to provide support for dyndns.org?

hecklertm
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:06 pm

What if your MT router is behind another gateway router (which has NAT'd the ip address of the MT router), but you have told the gateway router to do a one-to-one NAT of its external ip address (DMZ port forwarding) to the MT router so you can access it from the Internet.

The MT router does not know the "real" IP address Is there a function you can write into the script which works similar to the javascript run on the webpage at http://www.whatsmyip.com/ which can tell you the real outside IP address of the gateway router?

This would be great to have in case the installation does not allow you to have the MT router be the gateway router...

IGNORE THIS POST. Sorry, I just saw the thread called "DDNS for behind NAT"

cibernet
Long time Member
Long time Member

Sun Dec 25, 2005 2:58 am

It´s fully supported in 2.9.10??