Community discussions

MikroTik App

shriketech
just joined
Topic Author

Mikrotik Radio CLient Isolation

Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:10 pm

Hello All,

I have been searching the forum for a way to enable client Isolation on my MT radios, unsuccessfully. Most of them are configured with 2 radios per board, where one serves as an AP and the other a backhaul link to the main base station where I run MT hotspot. I however am not running NAT on the hotspot and just route the traffic through to my Internet gateway and proxy server.

The reason I need this turned off is, some clients have wrongly connected their home routers and are sending DHCP onto the wifi network via the AP. This makes other customers receive their DHCP instead of that from the hotspot which now causes problems.

I would have used the ARP function on the MT hotspot, but without NAT i doubt it would be of any use, as I need the clients to talk to the Internet gateway with their original IPs for some ACLs on it to work properly.

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

BrianHiggins
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: Mikrotik Radio CLient Isolation

Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:45 pm

disable default forward on the wireless interface

shriketech
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:56 pm

Thank you forepoint for your response.

Please, where would the default forward you are referring to be using the winbox interface? I dont know if you mean on the firewall, or if its within the wireless config. A link or nudge in the right direction would be very much appreciated.

Also, I hope disabling this will not prevent DHCP from the hotspot from reaching the client radios or affect their communication in any way.

Thanks.

BrianHiggins
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:15 pm

jcremin

Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:34 pm

If you double click on your wireless interface in winbox, it is at the bottom of the wireless tab.

adel28

Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:41 am

how client isolation for more Minipci ?