MikroTik App

Sigma721
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Hotspot status page

Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:34 pm

Hi

I am setting up a hotspot where clients buy data. My problem is that the mikrotik hotspot status page gives the current sessions usgae. I need it to show the user there monthly usage. How can i do this?

Regards

stenlyto
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Hotspot status page

Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:49 pm

Not so easy!
Give me more info...
1. Are you using Billing system? Which one?
2. MySQL or PostgreSQL or Oracle or what database u use?
3. What do u use to build radius?

OR at least, give me your database chema

Sigma721
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:22 pm

When i check the stats on each user under ip-hotspot in winbox, i can see what each person has used. So the information is in the system I just have to make it available to the client.
Do i need a Radius server or database?

If this sounds dumb, im new to all this.

stenlyto
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:28 am

Alright....
So.... u got some users, local users! I have never used HotSpot that way cause I have more than 200 Mikrotik devices running as HotSpot gateways.... I need radius and database .... either way I need a GUN to shoot myself :)

BUT as for what u are asking ....
Ur system is saving some info about ur users traffic on the disk! U have to find a way to pull that information out and to put it on the status page or where u like!? Up to my knowledge u have to write some scripts and activate them as appropriate!

Look at Mikrotik as a database.... Its funny, but the best way to explain what I mean :)
that info (user traffic usage) is saved on disk on a specific place
u need a script to check all that info (about traffic usage) using "username" as criteria to the specific value u r looking for!
then to save it to a temp value....
finally u need to modify the status page to show that value....
I have done this for a friend 4-5 years ago.... its working but I dont have the script anymore! and I still remember what a nightmare was for me to write it!
--------------------
Thats not the best solution. Thats what I can offer as solution -> read about Mikrotik scripts! U may find some examples of what u r looking for! I hope!