Community discussions

MikroTik App

tadpole
Topic Author

Radius Man and RB750

Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:52 am

Hi there, i was wondering if it is at all possible to connect an RB750 to my DMA Soft Radius MAN without using PPPoE? I would like to be able to just use the mac and ip of the client side device. It all seems fairly straight forward...

The RB750 NAS (Which i thought was Network Attached Storage for a loooong time) is connected, all seems good i think that i have a simple step in my RB750 setup wrong...

Radius - ppp, hotspot, wireless
Address of RadiusMan Server, secret and done...(increased the timeout)
Hotspot Setup - New server prof, tick use radius and change nas port type from wireless to ethernet (everything goes through lan cables except for the backhaul), tick accounting and set interim interval to 1minute, now the login im unsure about but i used HTTP PAP & CHAP, cookie on 3days

Where do i point the ip addresses on the cpe side? the routerboard so it can pass it to the radiusman or do i setup something else like...PPTP, L2TP client or is it a server?

Any links for something other than a PPPoE setup would be very gratefully recieved!

Ibersystems
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Radius Man and RB750

Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:49 pm

hi,

you can have a hotspot and validate this hotspot users in your radius. In the dmasoftlab website you have detailed info about how to use this radius with hotspot.
If you are using v3.9 of this radius, you have this info in page 35 of the manual.

also you can validate your Wireless users with the same radius.

In your /RADIUS menu of the rb750, you have all options you can use to login using radius validation.

thanks,

tadpole
Topic Author

Re: Radius Man and RB750

Sat May 12, 2012 9:27 am

Thank you for your reply! After much deliberation and fiddling i believe PPPoE to be the way forward :D thanks again