Community discussions

MikroTik App

AlxFirst
just joined
Topic Author

WinBox 2.2.18 not work correct at Windows Server platform

Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:39 pm

Subj!
I have the Windows Server 2008 Standart and home machine with WinXP.
WinBox v2.2.18 running at WinXP without any problem - I can connect to any MT in list (with ROS v5.14 at RB1100AH, RB1100, RB600A, DualCore-x86).
When I run this version at Windows Server - then it's run, but no connect to MT with ROS v5.14 (I can't check with other version of ROS at this moment). Visually - click "connect", WinBox load all modules-plugins if cache is clear (of course, I try to clean it) and DROP (close) connection without any message and errors and after that terminate the self process. Version 2.2.16 is work fine at Windows Server - open the GUI after loading the modules.

vik1988
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: WinBox 2.2.18 not work correct at Windows Server platfor

Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:10 pm

Subj!
WinBox v2.2.18 running at WinXP without any problem - I can connect to any MT in list (with ROS v5.14 at RB1100AH, RB1100, RB600A, DualCore-x86).
When I run this version at Windows Server - then it's run, but no connect to MT with ROS v5.14 (I can't check with other version of ROS at this moment). Visually - click "connect", WinBox load all modules-plugins if cache is clear (of course, I try to clean it) and DROP (close) connection without any message and errors and after that terminate the self process. Version 2.2.16 is work fine at Windows Server - open the GUI after loading the modules.

Chk this discussion....
http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15720

http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:Winbox

AlxFirst
just joined
Topic Author

Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:29 pm

Subj!
WinBox v2.2.18 ....
Chk this discussion....
http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15720

http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:Winbox
Firewall is not block anything for localnetwork and I did the test with firewall turned off - version 2.2.18 not work too. UAC is turned off. All paths is right in registry. And I have Windows Server 2008, not Vista.
All cache-files was created successfully. When run the WinBox (any version) - then I see the full list of saved connections and I can choose any one.
But, if I run the WinBox v2.2.18, then after click "connect", GUI is not open and connection was dropped without any message (and no messages in eventlog). If I run the WinBox v2.2.16 - then all is worked fine: after click "connect", GUI is open and I can change the configuration of MT.

I say, that only version 2.2.18 is not work correctly - all previous versions work fine (I work on this Windows Server around 3 years ago with this MT RB600A and do upgrade from ROS version 3.xx step by step to 5.14, also upgrade the WinBOx tool - because for me is useful this way for configure of MT.

iDen
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:03 pm

+ not working well on Win7x64

every left mouse click considered like Add operation on field add, interface add or just "Enter"(Return) in terminal