Community discussions

MikroTik App

jspool
Topic Author

email notifications

Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:44 am

A much needed feature is to have a setting in the wireless tables box that you can enable email notification of wireless link changes.
This would be nice to have so that if a backhaul starts bouncing or goes down completely we can get an email with the desired info.
I realize Dude can also do this, however I feel this method would still be a very welcomed feature by most users.

Ligowave has this feature and I must say it works very well, attached is a screenshot.

Regards,
Josh
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

skot
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re: email notifications

Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:41 pm

There isn't a point and click option for this in RouterOS, but the functionality is all there. You could write scripts that would check values and send email notifications. The scheduler could run the scripts every x minutes.

jspool
Topic Author

Re: email notifications

Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:00 am

There isn't a point and click option for this in RouterOS, but the functionality is all there. You could write scripts that would check values and send email notifications. The scheduler could run the scripts every x minutes.
Yes I realize that this is possible with scripts, I utilize such scripts for ppp logins and unauthorized logins etc. but my point was that this is a feature that would be a welcomed addition to winbox and webfig.

Regards,
Josh